Metal with female vocals

Any band automatically improves a ton with Anneke Van Giersbergen on vocals.

I saw the band Amaranth five weeks ago. It was pretty okay (male growls every now and then).

I saw them too, they sucked IMO. But for some reason, Elize missed that concert. Btw:
Floor rules!

Cheers for the vid! She did well. It has been a while since I saw (part of) a Nightwish set.
I wouldn't mind seeing some older songs.

66510_509930555700975_1565266055_n.jpg

LOL

Halestorm are nu-metal douches, but their singer is awesome. Easy on the eyes too.

Of course, none of the ladies mentioned above can touch Ann Wilson or Pat Benatar when they occasionally decided to kick ass:

(bonus footage at 2:34 of white folks dancing very, very badly)

Dio-esque roars

Whoever will be Nightwish's new singer, I bet the years she'll be in the band can be counted on one hand. The guys should learn to communicate with women, but since they're from Kitee that's just wishful thinking. :D

Check out Holy Hell.......Maria Breon has a great voice. Saw them open up for Manowar and they rocked!

Make her a permanent member already!

Fucking hell... this is probably the best Nightwish live performance ever. Floor's performance here completely annihilated everything Tarja and Annette did while they were in the band. Amazing.

And what a great song! Brings back some memories. I am kinda proud of her. Seen her often in After Forever and always knew she was the best in that scene. Great that many others can see that too, now that AF is gone.

I am in awe at how she totally fucking owned this song. At 9:27 I had a tear in my eye, seriously.

You really must check out this band: Autumn

They are out of this world. The album 'Altitude' is one of the very best things I've come across in my life. Songs like 'Paradise Nox', 'Skydancer' or 'Altitude' are unparalleled. Every song on this abum is killer, no filler whatsoever.

Listen to 'Paradise Nox' here:

Nice you know them because I thought they never got much exposure outside the Netherlands. I like the band. I saw them playing around 10 times or so. I vividly remember their first album era when I saw them the most often (only two members are still in the line-up); one you might not like that much (I love it!):
:shred: :rocker::edmetal: Yeah!

Yes, I have their second album 'Summer's End'. The album is pretty good but it's not a patch on 'Altitude' and 'My New Time'. 'Solar Wake' is awesome and 'The Coven' and 'Gallery Of Reality' are great as well.

This band is really awesome. I saw them on tour here in Switzerland with The Gathering. It was a night to remember. It's a bloody shame that hardly anyone knows them. They would really deserve more attention. God, how I admire and adore both bands.

If Nightwish is the biggest female-fronted metal band then certainly Within Temptation is the second. The latter made a bit of a bold move by having Tarja Turunen on their latest single! Here's the high-budget video that comes with it. I quite like it. Very catchy. It sounds like Nightwish if you ask me. ;-)

I do like Tarja's voice, so that helps.

Yeah WT certainly got more poppy in the last 10 years or so. But catchy is catchy no matter the style. ;-)
The new one may be poppy but the song Mother Earth has these calm melodies that sound too sweet (thus sounds more soft) imo.

Back