Merry Axe-mas

Wästed The Great

Minister Of Chicks, Metal&Beer; Cool & Froody Dude
Staff member
So, I'm a geek, and I kinda like some Christmas music... but not always the standard stuff.  A few years ago, I picked up Merry Axemas, a Guitar Christmas-- had Satriani, Sambora, Vai, Brian Setzer, and others.  It was kind of a fun way to listen, with a rock edge.  (I'm still looking for Axemas II)

Today, running around walmart, I picked up the best ever, Metal Xmas, which has Dio, Alice Cooper, Geoff Tate, Joe Lynn Turner, Ripper Owens, and others-- tho the best mite be Lemmy singing 'Run Rudolph, Run' (followed closely with a death metal version of 'Silent Night-- my daughters had some pretty funny looks at that one!)

Anyone else listen to this stuff, or am I just too weird and shouldn't have let out my secret?

I think that's great! Unfortunately, I'm drunk and no one can hear me, why can't we all be in the same timezone? I'm getting those albums, yes I am Wasted, you just watch.

Dude, out of everybody, I'd guessed that you would want them! 

Sorry, I was asleep in my lazy boy when you were drunk and posting....

Never heard of said albums, but I'm definitely looking them up now. The only "edgy" Christmas music I have is the Trans-Siberian Orchestra which I LOVE. GREAT stuff. sucks I won't see them this year, but I've already managed seeing them 3 years in a row :D

Oh, yeah, I've got trans-siberian orchestra-- Wizards in Winter is cool!

I also have 3 Manheim Steamroller Xmas cd's...

You will really enjoy the Merry Axemas cd's.  My fav so far is 'Blue Christmas' by Joe Perry

Lemmy, Dio, Geoff Tate, etc. on a Christmas album? And what do we get, Cliff bloody Richard. :mad:

Yeah, I saw that last year-- they played something off of that on buzzsaw I think.  Did you like it? 

I got the monster ballads xmas last night...

Albie said:
Lemmy, Dio, Geoff Tate, etc. on a Christmas album? And what do we get, Cliff bloody Richard. :mad:

Drag on that... I found some of the Merry Axemas cd's on ebay... I'm getting II this weekend!

Back