Man of Sorrows vs. The Man of Sorrows!! Which is better??!?!?

Which 'Man of Sorrows' is the better song?!?

• Total voters

Collin

Chasing Ponce De Leon's Phantoms
Similar to my old thread, Alchemist vs Alchemist, We must answer the age old question (since last September at least..) Who did it better? Maiden or Bruce? Vote!!!

Voted for Bruce's version since after almost 1 year of constant listening I can't remember a single melody from Maiden version. If there were Bruce's Spanish version (Hombre Triste) in poll I would've voted for that - makes me giggle every time.

Huge fan of both songs. Both are underrated out here (the Maiden song more so than any other metal song released in the last two years). The Bruce song never reached the top 10 in a Bruce survivor, which is odd.

Haven't listened to the Bruce one in a while, but the Maiden one is probably the weakest on its album. I remember the Bruce version being better than that.

Huge fan of both songs. Both are underrated out here (the Maiden song more so than any other metal song released in the last two years). The Bruce song never reached the top 10 in a Bruce survivor, which is odd.
This exactly. I won't be voting for it in the survivor. Such an amazing song. Even though I went with the Maiden song.

I actually prefer Bruce's version a lot more than Maiden's version. Whilst I rank Bruce's as one his best tracks prior to Chemical wedding but Maiden's version is one of the weaker tracks on Book if Souls.

Bruce for me as well. Even though I really love Maiden's. The Alchemist is a tough one though. I think Maiden's gets a slight edge because of the 5 separate vocal parts. However, I'm still undecided on Bring Your Daughter. :p

Bruce Dickinson.

Nothing wrong with "The Man of Sorrows" as a song, but I don't like the sub-par, shaky performance of it that ended up on the album (which could have been avoided if they'd let the songs rest before recording).

Reactions: Gk1
Bruce's. Hands down. It has more power and I think it managed to earn a classic status. The Maiden's one is a fine song, but not nearly as memorable.

Bruce's is awesome, Maiden's song is... good, but it's literally in my way of listening to the greatest song of all time so... Bruce.

Back