Maidenfans Scavenger Hunt '05

IronDuke

Ancient Mariner
Love Iron Maiden? Love Maidenfans.com? Bored? If you answered Yes to any of those questions, then this game is for you!

It’s the Maidenfans official scavenger hunt! Here’s how it’ll work: I’ll ask a variety of questions, some related to Iron Maiden, some related to Maidenfans.com, some having nothing at all to do with anything.
Anyone who wants to participate will try his or her best to answer as many questions as possible. When you’ve done all you can, send your answers to me via e-mail. (Posting them here would kinda defeat the purpose of a competition!)

Points will be awarded for each answer, and the person who gets the most points wins a prize. I haven’t quite decided what it’ll be yet, but I have a few ideas. That’ll be part of the fun!

Why am I doing this? Because I think it’ll be fun and help us get to know one another better……and I have too much free time.

Here are the rules:
1. Judges’ (there may be more than one) decision is final.
2. No assclowns. (excepting Maverick)
3. You have to be a member ‘in good standing’ of the Maidenfans forums.
4. One entry per member, please.
5. Void in Quebec. (just kidding)

So when you have all the answers, send them to silentthorn@hotmail.com in an email with your screen name at the top. (please include both the questions AND the answers; it makes things easier)

Some questions will be straightforward, some will require some thought, some are quite bizarre and completely subjective.

Without further ado, here are the questions:

1. Name all the current members of Iron Maiden in reverse alphabetical order (according to their last names) (3 points)

2. Who is the oldest member of Iron Maiden and when was he born? (1 point)

3. Under what record label was Virtual XI produced? (1 point)

4. What is the name of the chick who has two tickets to Iron Maiden, baby? (3 points)

5. Who is THE Iron Maiden? (2 points)

6. What is the iron maiden? (2 points)

7. Rearrange the letters of the name of one of the band members (anagrams). The coolest answer will get 6 points, 2nd coolest 3 points, and 3rd gets 1 point.

8. Find a reference to Otto von Bismarck in a Maiden song. Explain your choice. (5 points)

9. What kind of metal is Iron Maiden? What ‘box’ do you put Iron Maiden in? (2 points)

10. Who started the Iron Maiden Commentary? (1 point)

11. Who runs the Iron Maiden Commentary now? (2 points)

12. What is your most amusing Iron Maiden anecdote? Points will be awarded depending on how hard I laugh. (4 points)

13. What album has the best cover art? (2 points)

14. Which member of Iron Maiden does LooseCannon most closely resemble? (3 points)

15. Which Iron Maiden songs can be interpreted as offensive to Germans? Justify your answers. (4 points)

16. What was my (IronDuke) first post on the Maidenfans forums about? (4 points) (2 bonus points to anyone who can find the original post)

17. Who is notorious for having the longest average posts? (2 points)

18. Why is Maverick a pank? (1 point)

19. What pets to I keep in my apartment? (1 point)

20. Which battles did the Clansman probably fight in? (3 points)

21. Bruce or Blaze? (2 points)

22. Find a Maiden song similar to the Bob Dylan song. Justify your choice. (3 points)

23. Why did the flight of Icarus fail, and were Nazis involved? (2 points)

24. Would Napoleon have listened to Iron Maiden? Why or why not? (3 points)

25. What is the most obscure biblical reference in an Iron Maiden song? The more obscure, the better. (4 points)

26. Why is it bad luck to shoot an albatross? (2 points)

27. Who was S.M. Saxby, and why is he important to Maidenfans.com? (2 points)

28. Backgammon or chess? (2 points)

29. Which former members of Iron Maiden hold university degrees? (2 points)

30. Which classic books are the basis of Iron Maiden songs? (3 points)

31. Who has posted the longest ‘Adrian Smith’ statement? (2 points)

32. Which Science Fiction show does an Iron Maiden song title pay homage to? (1 point)

33. What’s the difference between a doctor and a medic? (1 point)

34. What is your opinion of the cowbell level in Dance of Death? (2 points)

35. Who has Op status in the Maidenfans chatroom? (4 points)

36. Relate the most un-Maidenish song to “Age of Innocence” (DoD). Points awarded to the most un-Maiden song. (4 points)

37. Who is Peter Purvis?(1 point)

38. Do pirates listen to Iron Maiden? Why or why not? (2 points)

39. Science? (1 point)

40. How would you move Mt. Fuji? (3 points)

So, send your answers to silentthorn@hotmail.com . Extra points will be awarded for originality of answers, humour, and when I think you deserve it. The prize is going to be something cool; though I don’t quite have it figured out yet.

Good luck!

I honestly never thought I'd get this far: Duke, you're great [!--emo&:)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/smile.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'smile.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

*back to shy newbie mode*

Done it !

I won't get many points I guess but at least it'll fill part of your boring day

[!--QuoteBegin-IronDuke+Aug 23 2005, 02:18 AM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(IronDuke @ Aug 23 2005, 02:18 AM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]5. Void in Quebec.  (just kidding)
[snapback]116293[/snapback]​
[/quote]

Why is everything void in Quebec anyway!?!?!?! [!--emo&:p--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/tongue.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'tongue.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

[!--QuoteBegin-IronDuke+Sep 8 2005, 12:24 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(IronDuke @ Sep 8 2005, 12:24 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]Last call for submissions is 23:59 GMT on friday of this week!
[snapback]117758[/snapback]​
[/quote]
Dammit, still working on backgammon or chess! [!--emo&:angry:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/mad.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'mad.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Hi Duke!

Im very curious about the results...
Can you tell us how are the results so far? Well, no specific results but in general... good, bad, normal... competitive results or many outliers?

CHEERS

Back