Maiden Should Tour With....

I do like the idea of Helloween opening for Maiden, but two problems: 1. they sound too much alike & 2. I have seen Maiden live 11 times and never seen Helloween so I would rather see Helloween play a headlining set.

If we are talking who Maiden should co-headline with...Priest!

I will only say that those of you who have managed to see that Maiden/Dream Theater evening are pretty lucky bastards. That should definitely be repeated.

I saw My Dying Bride opening for Maiden. Helloween opening for Maiden (and Bruce opening for Helloween). Nice combinations if you like the acts involved.

Last edited:
I will only say that those of you who have managed to see that Maiden/Dream Theater evening are pretty lucky bastards. That should definitely be repeated.
That was the first time I saw DT was TFF tour for Maiden (leg 1). It was a great show from both bands. Of course, the casual fans were up in arms about Maiden's setlist being the best of 21 century material and not enough "hits"....posers and losers! I loved the setlists for both bands.

- Dream Theater
- Opeth
- Ghost
- Machine Head
- Alice in Chains

A lot of those have been done before but it would be awesome for me. I think Queensryche would be the perfect band to open for Maiden tho.

Mastodon, Amon Amarth would be my favorite choices, as I've never seen those two bands. DT in 2005 were awesome. They were to release Octavarium, and their setlist was just perfect.

Last edited:
I'd love to see Blind Guardian open for Maiden, or Baroness.

I have seen some classic bands open for Maiden: Twisted Sister, Megadeth and Anthrax. Opeth opened for them in Sweden on the last tour -- missed that.

- Dream Theater
- Opeth
- Ghost
- Machine Head
- Alice in Chains

A lot of those have been done before but it would be awesome for me. I think Queensryche would be the perfect band to open for Maiden tho.
Saw Queensryche (& Halford) open for Maiden on BNW tour. Yes, it was an insane line up.

Armored Saint. Great old-school metal, great performers, great showman but they definitely wouldn't upstage Maiden's energy...plus, they've said multiple times that at this point in their careers they'd rather just be direct support band.

Back