Maiden references in movies or TV shows

The recent episode of James May's Toy Stories used a snippet of the ending of Flight of Icarus. It's only a tiny part of "fly as high as the sun, dun dun dun".

My ears definitely pricked up!

Forgot another one- in the 1987 comedy "Summer School", 2 teenage misfits who are obsessed with Texas Chainsaw Massacre frequently wear Maiden shirts... I guess you could consider them a live action Beavis & Butthead, but it was before they were on

ah Bill & Ted, I can't believe I forgot them, I should be ashamed:facepalm:

I also vaguely remember in the 1996 comedy "Bio Dome" with Pauly Shore and Stephen Baldwin, one of them said that something would "Sell better than Iron Maiden merch"

and wow, Friends is the last show I would expect a Maiden reference on...

there are two CARCASS references on Friends. you could find both of them on YT...

I also remember there was a minor character in one of the earlier seasons who wore Metal band shirts all the time.

In the Sean Connery movie "Entrapment", the rather vile and disgusting main villain of the piece holds court whilst sitting in his underwear in front of a Virtual xi poster. Also in the old uk police tv drama "The Bill", every time the police raided a junkies flat, there would be Iron Maiden posters all over the walls.

"Complete the titles of these Iron Maiden Top 40 hits, but to make it harder we've taken out a word from each of the titles".

How would you want to complete a title with no word taken out? o_O

How would you want to complete a title with no word taken out? o_O

Number Of The Ancient Beast, Can I Play With Different Madness, Bring Your Brave New Daughter To The Slaughter, The Angel and The Gambler and The Assassin and Run To The Hills of Avalon

Also in the old uk police tv drama "The Bill", every time the police raided a junkies flat, there would be Iron Maiden posters all over the walls.

I don't remember that. I want to go and watch a few episodes now. :p I can't imagine the people they usually portrayed as criminals in The Bill being into Iron Maiden.

I saw an Icelandic film last night, called Metalhead. It was full of Maiden references and wasn't bad in general, if you're into drama.

"Aces High" single visual
Les Nuls, the French comedy group, in a parody of American cop TV shows (at 2'32):

Montage of "The Prisoner"
Les Démons de Jesus, a film by Trut singer Bernie Bonvoisin (from 0'30):

Last edited:
Not sure if this should be in this thread or not, it's more like the opposite of this thread

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bruce_Forsyth , he recently died.

What does that have to do with Maiden? Well, for those not familiar with UK television, the phrase Bruce Dickinson says before Revelations on LAD "nice to see you, to see you nice" was actually a reference to Bruce Forsyth's catchphrase.

There was a photo posted some time ago of Bruce D doing something very like Bruce F's Generation Game pose, too.

Not a movie, but in the Smashmouth All Star video, there's a SiT era poster in the background. Best shot of it is at 3:31.

Back