Maiden FB "likes" still going down...

RALFPL

Atlas Arena, Lodz
I 'd like to draw attention to a problem. For several weeks, regularly decreasing number of IM 'likes' official website on FB. There was a moment when I reached 13,775,000. currently hovers around 13 million. What is your opinion on this, and other groups also involved in this phenomenon?

Could be because of action by FB. There are a lot of "false" likes floating around. People actually pay, to have likes.

FB is cracking down on people having second or third accounts, and people using pseudonyms, in some cases demanding to see passports or driving licences to prove real name. (Users have even been questioned about their real name!). As a result accounts are being deactivated left, right and centre. A few people I know have quit for good because they object to the 'full real name only' policy.

Ffs. A friend called 'Clarrie' was questioned by them recently. They say Clarrie is short for Clarissa and therefore she's not using her proper name. Her name is actually Clarrie. They're chasing anyone who shares a name with a celebrity too, even if it's a fairly common name.

I have a Facebook account in my own (not unusual) name that is locked down privacy-wise and used strictly for work purposes.
They cancelled my account and wouldn't re-activate it until seeing my driver's license. I think the way it was being used flagged it for them.

Also, the Facebook site I administer for work lost a number of likes literally overnight. This may explain why.

The name thing is one thing that's happening, but mostly, it's that FB is removing page "likes" from inactive accounts. It's been reported from thousands of commercial FB pages.

The thing is that Facebook is assuming that if you don't interact with a business page, fan page, etc. (commenting, 'liking' and so on), that you aren't interested in that page anymore. So, they're "Unliking" these pages for you. It started almost a month ago, and yes, it's just yet another thing that's eventually going to turn FB into the next MySpace. I haven't noticed much decline on my author page (yet), but the pages with tens of thousands of 'likes' + are starting to comment about these apparent mass exoduses. Hate it. Stupid, pointless, and does nothing to add to their revenue stream like the "Pay to Boost" crap they've pushed on us.

Back