Maiden England '88 + History Part 3 coming March 25th!

Honestly, does anyone believe Maiden would tour the world playing anything from their '90s catalogue but Fear of the Dark and Afraid to Shoot Strangers? I'm not even sure they are able to play Be Quick or Be Dead anymore.

What, just those two (FotD then AtSS)!, alternating back & forth? :eek:
--that would be truly awful... then awesome... then awful again... then okay... then kill myself awful...

I couldn't see there being as big a demand for a 90s history tour. It's not the most obvious mass-appeal crowd pleaser, not when compared to the 80s stuff, where people want to hear the 'classics'.

OK. When I posted that, I was kind of (slang would allow "kinda", but not "kina") excited by the thought of it happening. But odds are we'll get a new album next year and Maiden will tour with that for a bit, then maybe they would do a 90s tour in 2016? I am/I'm not sure about that. But hey, who knows. We just need to hear Alexander the Great at some point.

Grade: F.

Well, it would be easier for them to decide a setlist for such a tour - they've played 7 90s songs since the reunion if memory serves (BYDttS, AtSS, FotD, SotC, LotF, MotE and Futureal), they could add BQOBD as an opener, cram in another 8 classics and have a decent "best of" tour - no one would be the wiser. :D
^^ Why is this considered a spoiler? :D
Adrian could have the tour off though...
By the same logic, Janick could have had the previous 3 history tours off? :D Nah, maybe H would get some of Janick's solos, or simply take back a few of his which Janick now plays (Hallowed, for example).

Well, it would be easier for them to decide a setlist for such a tour - they've played 7 90s songs since the reunion if memory serves (BYDttS, AtSS, FotD, SotC, LotF, MotE and Futureal), they could add BQOBD as an opener, cram in another 8 classics and have a decent "best of" tour - no one would be the wiser. :D
^^ Why is this considered a spoiler? :D

Because the Maiden England tour is the only reunion-era tour so far that includes Afraid to Shoot Strangers.

Also, you missed The Clansman. :p

"Maiden", although abbreviated, is a given name, and needs to be capitalised. I admit that I didn't bother much with the syntax, because the corrections I made helped bring the points ZX3-ElDorado tried to make across. Unless I grossly misunderstood his post.

There's a tiny little blue arrow in the quote bar, right next to "ZX3-ElDorado said:". If you click it, it will take you to the original post.

ok. when I posted that I was kina exsited from the thought of it happening. but odds are we'll get a new album next year and maiden will tour with that for a bit then 2016 they would do a 90s tour? im not sure about that. but hey who knows. we just need to hear alexander the great at some point

Okay, that was fucking awful. I didn't realise! :D

Back