Mafia Game #2 - AWOOOOOOOOO

Cornfed Hick's lynching

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Geez, I feel really stupid...

Also, even if I'm up for lynching, people may not vote for me anyway.

It's a faint hope and I'm sticking to it.

I still think that you shouldn't use a player's actions from the last game as a reason for nominating someone.

I'll allow @Stardust to continue playing.

Nominations so far
Stardust (3) < Collin, Cornfed Hick, Mosh
Brigantium (1) < Night Prowler
Night Prowler (1) < RTC
RTC (1) < Stardust

Takes 5 nominations for a vote to occur. It's just over 24 hours left until the Night Phase.

I'm at a bit of a loss here. On the one hand it'd be fun to nominate someone and get them hanged. On the other hand, I haven't got a clue what's going on and feel it might be harsh to vote for someone either (a) at random, (b) based on the last game which I didn't follow, or (c) because they have a hairy back and slightly resemble a werewolf.

Well, do you know anybody with a hairy back here?

12 hours left in this phase and if nothing happens in that time, we will be going to night time.

For reference, I don't think Dusty is a wolf. He'd be way more sketchy about it. I'll probably vote no unless someone makes a ridiculously good case.

For reference, I don't think Dusty is a wolf. He'd be way more sketchy about it. I'll probably vote no unless someone makes a ridiculously good case.

I think you're probably right, but with so little time, what options do we have? Even if we all vote No, we can at least hope for a good argument out of Dusty if he secures a nomination. That's better than zero nomination, zero explanation, and the wolves killing someone tonight anyway.

I agree, but this is a case where, after observing Dusty for quite awhile, I'm more than 90% sure he's village.

The voting phase does not retract time from the Nomination Phase time.
Rules question: Looking back at the original post, what does the quoted sentence mean?

Whether I will actually vote to kill Dusty is unclear, I'm undecided, but it's worth nominating him (or someone else) in the next few hours just to get the extra day of discussion.

In the last game, I suggested that it may be better for the villagers not to kill one of their own on the first night, but instead to let the cop (seer) and doc (angel) do their work, at least early on. As I recall, the only person who agreed with me was mckindog, who turned out to be mafia. More experienced players: I'm curious if you think that's a bad strategy. In the last game, I turned out to be wrong about pretty much everything, though (again) I blame that in part on Dusty being inexplicably sketchy (hence my nomination).

More experienced players: I'm curious if you think that's a bad strategy.
Not necessarily. It's a time tradeoff, right? To be fair, we have only a slightly smaller chance of killing one of the roles (seer/whatever) than the wolves do.

Rules question: Looking back at the original post, what does the quoted sentence mean?

There's 2 parts to the day phase, the nomination phase (which we are still currently in) and the voting phase. Basically it means that the time used for the voting phase (where the nominated person makes their case and people vote against them) doesn't subtract from the 3 days that the nomination phase gets. It's to allow multiple nominations per day phase assuming no one is hung during that time.

Instead of if you all nominate someone within the first day and then they are found innocent and the game moves to the next night phase.

I'm terrible at making good arguments....

I'll do what I can and try to hope for the best if it happens that I'm up for lynching (which is highly likely).

Back