Mafia Game #2 - AWOOOOOOOOO

Cornfed Hick's lynching

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'm not a fan of random lynchings. There's only a small chance of being right, and if we're wrong = 1 point to werewolves. We have a full complement of villagers, which means more time to analyse behaviour and come up with likely suspects. We haven't even heard from everyone yet.

What if we set up a big silver cross in the town square and see who stays away from it?
Maiden fans are all satanists, remember? ;)

Oh, and could all werewolves kindly de-flea yourselves? I have an allergy to animal fleas.

We aren't randomly lynching, we're just putting pressure on players to gain information.

The other problem with not lynching is that the wolves will kill one of us tonight. A small chance of getting a wolf is better than no chance. It also gives us more data (in the form of votes) to tell us who is who.

with that in mind, I think lynching Stardust is the best strategy. He acts sketchy either way so it'll be impossible to get any sort of read on him, if we want to lynch someone this round for sure I think it should be him. Second nomination for stardust

I decided to randomly pick someone to nominate, and as luck would have it, I nominate Brigantium, who just said she doesn't like random lynchings... sorry :p

I might change my mind if someone comes up with a better idea.

Oh, you are not gonna let me improve in any way? Just assume I'm sketchy from the start. Yeah, real nice.

Oh no, I'm still pretty docile.

It's the fact that people are nominating me over things that happened in the last game.

GUYS. I'm trying to improve from last time.

...just give me a chance.

I Nominate Stardust. You did pretty well last game and never said much when we tried to nominate you, but now you're pretty defensive.

Well...now I know how SMX felt.

I'm gonna withdraw from the game.

Why? Well, you guys won't give me a single chance to improve upon my sloppiness from last time.

Okay, can we move on and keep the discussion strictly to the game and its current players. I'm sure @Unknown One will make the official announcement when he's next online.

Well...now I know how SMX felt.

I'm gonna withdraw from the game.

Why? Well, you guys won't give me a single chance to improve upon my sloppiness from last time.
Goddamnit, Stardust. Being nominated and being killed is part of the game. Sometimes you get killed. That's part of the game. It's not about getting better or getting worse, it's about playing the game.

Literally the only way to play this game wrong is to quit. Every other strategy - being quiet, being talkative, being weird, being shy, whatever, is perfectly acceptable.

You build on your performance in the next game. And the next one, and the next one. Sometimes you get ganged up on, but it's not personal, it's not a bad thing. It's part of the game.

Alright, then...I'll stay if I still can.

Regardless of anything I've said. I find this game to be really fun. I'm just terrible at it.

Sorry about being a idiot. It's common for me to be that.

And also, I'm nominating RTC.

Why? ...gut feeling, I guess?

Glad you're staying Dusty. Even if you get lynched first, I can tell you first hand it's a ton of fun knowing all the answers and watching the villagers try to figure it out. :D

Goddamnit, Stardust. Being nominated and being killed is part of the game. Sometimes you get killed. That's part of the game. It's not about getting better or getting worse, it's about playing the game.

Literally the only way to play this game wrong is to quit. Every other strategy - being quiet, being talkative, being weird, being shy, whatever, is perfectly acceptable.

You build on your performance in the next game. And the next one, and the next one. Sometimes you get ganged up on, but it's not personal, it's not a bad thing. It's part of the game.
So is it acceptable to use players behavior in past games as a reference point in the current game? I.e. If someone previously innocent behaves significantly differently in this game, it'd be reasonable to suspect them?

Stardust:
Please stay in the game. No one is calling you an idiot. It's just that, as LC said, SOMEONE has to be the first one to go, that's the game. I simply gave my reasons for nominating you -- nothing personal. You are free to defend yourself and persuade people not to vote against you. Bear in mind that, at this point, no one has any basis whatsoever for nominating anybody, so we go with what little we have.

For what it's worth, being executed doesn't end the fun -- you can still observe the game, knowing who is who, which teaches you how to play the game better the next time.

Sincerely,
CFH

Being executed means you get to find out sooner who is who, I believe, and then you can watch, point and snigger at people.

Back