1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Losing Weight, interesting odyssey

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Onhell, Jul 29, 2017.

1. MrKnickerbocker

MrKnickerbocker clap hands

I was a fat kid, 240 lbs. at one point when I was 12-15 years old.

Here's what I've learned, as someone who now constantly fluctuates between about 170-180 lbs.

- Portion control matters. Eat less at each sitting and you will stop feeling like you need to eat more at every meal.
    - Times of meals matter. I eat a lot all day long to continuously keep up my metabolism, but they are normally small portions. Sure, I fail sometimes at dinner and end up eating way too much, but if I'm really strict I can do it.
    - You want to lose weight? You need to exercise. But you also need to consume less calories than you burn, which is the basis of this thread. The thinnest I've ever been in my life was when I lived in Los Angeles and everyone was critically aware of their weight + I had no money and didn't eat a lot + I lived in an apartment complex with a gym + I had no full-time job. Free time/self-loathing/being poor is pretty much the same inspiration as "get your heart broken" in the video above.
    - Carbs matter. A lot. Probably more than anything. The second thinnest I've ever been was right before my wedding when I refused to eat/drink carbs after 6pm. When you sleep, your body does shit with carbs that can only be described as garbage fat-making garbage. You want a sandwich? You want some pasta or pizza? Great. Eat it before 6pm. If you don't eat any carbs for dinner (or light carbs such as those found in vegetables), your body has less carbs to turn into sugar to turn into fat (or something I dunno I'm not a scientist) while your body rests for 6-8 hours at night and thus you naturally shed some pounds.

Mostly, losing weight for me has meant 2 things:
    1. Eat/drink less and definitely eat/drink less carbs.
    2. Exercise.

Onhell likes this.