Lord Of The Flies - Bruce vs Blaze version?

Lord Of The Flies - Bruce vs Blaze?

• Blaze version

Votes: 10 50.0%
  • Bruce version

Votes: 10 50.0%

• Total voters
Which version of Lord Of The Flies do you prefer? Original with Blaze or live version sung by Bruce?
I prefer Blaze's version. Because the mood of the song fits better to his voice than Bruce's one. But, I'm curious about how whole 'The X Factor' and 'Virtual XI' could sound with Bruce singing on them. My dream is the band re-recording these two misunderstood albums with Bruce singing. That would be nice and interesting. :)

I prefer Blaze's version. Because the mood of the song fits better to his voice than Bruce's one. But, I'm curious about how whole 'The X Factor' and 'Virtual XI' could sound with Bruce singing on them. My dream is the band re-recording these two misunderstood albums with Bruce singing. That would be nice and interesting. :)
If there was unlimited time: Yes. But since that's not the case: A waste of effort, and they're better off creating something new as long as they are around.

If there was unlimited time: Yes. But since that's not the case: A waste of effort, and they're better off creating something new as long as they are around.
Yeah, I know it will never happen. ;) But, if I had a DeLorean and Emmett Brown as a friend, I could come back in the nineties and do all would have been possible to prevent Bruce from leaving Iron Maiden and encourage him to record 'The X Factor' and 'Virtual XI'. :D Unfortunately, I'm no Marty McFly and don't have a mad scientist on hand. :p

I'm not a big fan of re-recording studio albums. I'd rather they just play the songs live with the reunion line-up, which worked well with all Blaze tunes so far. It'd be great if they revisited some of the songs Bruce hasn't sung before, now that his timbre is a bit darker compared to 20 years ago. Unfortunately that's very unlikely though. If we're lucky we might get Clansman and maybe Sign Of The Cross at some point on a farewell tour or something, but that's probably it.

As for the topic at hand: I like the Blaze version more. The Bruce version is neat, but they played it in a different key so that Bruce could do the octave jump in the final chorus, which doesn't sound that good to me. I'm glad that they played this one in 2003 though. Didn't expect that.

I'm not a big fan of re-recording studio albums. I'd rather they just play the songs live with the reunion line-up, which worked well with all Blaze tunes so far. It'd be great if they revisited some of the songs Bruce hasn't sung before, now that his timbre is a bit darker compared to 20 years ago. Unfortunately that's very unlikely though. If we're lucky we might get Clansman and maybe Sign Of The Cross at some point on a farewell tour or something, but that's probably it.

As for the topic at hand: I like the Blaze version more. The Bruce version is neat, but they played it in a different key so that Bruce could do the octave jump in the final chorus, which doesn't sound that good to me. I'm glad that they played this one in 2003 though. Didn't expect that.
If Bruce could sing "The Aftermath", "Blood On The World's Hands", "When Two Worlds Collide", "Don't Look To The Eyes Of A Stranger" and "Como Estais Amigos" live I would be very happy with that. :cool:

Blaze.
Bruce is brilliant at Bruce stuff however he often overcompensates to an unfortunate level when covering other IM material.
I would cite Murders in the Rue Morgue from BOH as an example.
He's trying too hard, filling in screams where they clearly don't belong. Just sing the song, it's a banger.

Back