Lord of Light

How good is Lord of Light on a scale of 1-10?

• Total voters
Re: 'Lord Of Light'

Maverick has stated before that he is not a musician (been new, you may not be aware of this fact) and can't give a thorough analysis of the music. Hence the reason for the in-depth discussion on the lyrics.

Well, for once, Davey's solo here is very distinctive. I agree with Raven that it is kinda fretboard wanky, and he uses some of his renowned "pet licks", but this time he made it a real killer. The whole of the solo is super smooth, for me Dave's smoothest solo in the AMOLAD album.

Somehow I can imagine that the unique progression of H's eerie solo into Dave's is essential to the song. One can imagine the sinister things about Lucifer during his plotting and Dave's solo ripping through a chain of events that come full circle with his casting from the heavens, as the Bible says.
It's like a chronicle to himself. Just my 2 cents.

Raven, I am thinking that it is with great disrespect that you post such things.  This song is of Iron Maiden's most listened and most watched.  Perhaps as you write you might think about the things that thinking is about, and then post more appropriate words.  I do not think you disrespect the song!  I think that you just do not understand what you post about.  Your words are to me of good import.  I do not listen to them but I know I cannot stand this song just as you can.

thousand_suns said:
Blah, blah blah.

WE DON'T FUCKING CARE! I'M IN A REALLY FUCKING BAD MOOD RIGHT NOW, SO JUST FUCK OFF, AND QUIT PESTERING THIS FORUM. ARGH!

thousand_suns said:
Raven, I am thinking that it is with great disrespect that you post such things.  This song is of Iron Maiden's most listened and most watched.  Perhaps as you write you might think about the things that thinking is about, and then post more appropriate words.  I do not think you disrespect the song!  I think that you just do not understand what you post about.  Your words are to me of good import.  I do not listen to them but I know I cannot stand this song just as you can.

:huh:

I'm sorry, I think my brain crashed.  Allow me to reboot.

Raven said:

I'm sorry, I think my brain crashed.  Allow me to reboot.

Seriously, why don't everybody on the forum (and then await SMX's new ultrabanning or something  :p) put thousand_suns on ignore, so that we won't have to get annoyed as hell while reading his babbling bullshit?

Yax said:
Seriously, why don't everybody on the forum (and then await SMX's new ultrabanning or something  :p) put thousand_suns on ignore, so that we won't have to get annoyed as hell while reading his babbling bullshit?

He lightens up my day.

Besides, it's almost like a puzzle, trying to understand him.

A frustrating, extremely stupid puzzle that breaks every rule that puzzles should follow...  For me, it's gone way beyond the point of amusement.

Invader said:
For me, it's gone way beyond the point of amusement.
Me too! That's why I sent thousand_suns a pm.

Yax's Pm to thousand suns:
"Could you PLEASE tell me WHY you've come back? You are banned ,and that means that you are NOT TO BE POSTING ON THE FORUM! You are not wanted here by ANYONE."

thousand_ suns reply:

"Yax;
Your message was not lost to my understanding.  Ever since Raven assisted me in returning to this forum I have been forgetting the rules.  Please!  Assist in my understanding.  I do not know why you would said such things to me.  All I want is to post anything that I want."

That's not what I call a satisfying reply  :p A puzzle inded.

Here's a message I got that had the following recipients: LooseCannon, Forostar, SinisterMinisterX, Raven, Yax, Invader (dunno why those people, but anyway...)

"Hello friends,
I am still noticing that ever since I was assisted by yourselfs in making my return that there is poor language directed towards me.  I wish to thank Raven for making my life much more simple with his additions.  Now!  I can continue by posting all I wish.  It is to all of you that I dedicate my most thought out post."

I didn't help him make his return, and none of the mods did, so it must be just another delusional fantasy of his that we "helped" him come back.  Or, it's a conspiracy headed by Raven to bring down the forums by using thousand_suns :p

On another note, I wonder how he can call SMX his friend.  Hasn't he read anything SMX has written to him?

Invader said:
On another note, I wonder how he can call SMX his friend.  Hasn't he read anything SMX has written to him?
Can he read?  :innocent:

Yax said:
Can he read?  :innocent:

Can he? Yes. Does he understand? Probably not.

LC, see your inbox regarding 1000_sun's rather strange obsession with me :help:

I'm still trying to work out what's going on here but if I find out anyone on this forum has been hacking our software to allow a banned user to post they will have every IP address they have ever used on this site reported to the Metropolitan polices Computer and Internet Related Crime department. You have been warned.

Real World said:
I'm still trying to work out what's going on here but if I find out anyone on this forum has been hacking our software to allow a banned user to post they will have every IP address they have ever used on this site reported to the Metropolitan polices Computer and Internet Related Crime department. You have been warned.

Wikipedia says that the Metropolitan Police handles all crime in the London area except for in the city of London.  Even they have a unit for protection of the Queen!  It is a very long existing unit of police and I would be honoured.  If they were to investigate the reinstallation and return of Raven and my very self.  The only thing I could not stand is my own time spent with the investigation.  I could bare it though.

You just don't get it, do you?  YOU.  ARE.  HERE.  ILLEGALLY.  AND.  YOU.  WILL.  GET.  INTO.  TROUBLE.  FOR.  IT.

And why are you going on about Raven here all the time?  Raven didn't get you back here, and Raven was never banned.  Raven is a GOOD member of this forum.  You are a FUCKING BAD one.

Ahem, and sorry to everyone else for my crude language.

Let the mods deal with thousand_suns Invader. He's playing us all and stirring up trouble (intentionally or not, I don't know) so just ignore it. :D

Albie said:
Let the mods deal with thousand_suns Invader. He's playing us all and stirring up trouble (intentionally or not, I don't know) so just ignore it. :D

Albie!  I do not understand you saying such things.  Always to me you have been a very respected voice.  You are an old timer and such things mean you are of respect.  Yet you have none.  I think that you have been very mean to me with this post that is the cruellest of things said.  Always to you I have hated.  Never speak with me again!  This is all of Malaysia saying no to Albie's words and wishing the worst.

Be well!

Albie said:

Okay, sorry. 

Looks like your words finally got through that thick skull of his, though.  :p

Edit: Oops, just noticed this is the Lord of Light thread.  Just in attempt to keep this even moderately on topic: Great song, I really love when the soft part fades out and the riff begins (I think it's by Janick, since he's playing right side guitar, right?).

Invader said:
Okay, sorry. 

Looks like your words finally got through that thick skull of his, though.  :p

Edit: Oops, just noticed this is the Lord of Light thread.  Just in attempt to keep this even moderately on topic: Great song, I really love when the soft part fades out and the riff begins (I think it's by Janick, since he's playing right side guitar, right?).

The main riff is actually by Adrian.

Back