Live Album Survivor: Results Thread - Rock in Rio wins!

Satisfied with the results?

• Total voters

Mosh

PM me your Nightwish album rankings!
Staff member
Welcome to the Live Album Survivor! Same rules apply as a normal survivor, I took all of your nominations and added some to try and give each decade 20 albums. Some go over, but that's okay. Once we narrow it down to ten albums, the next decade joins, no promotions. We start with the 70's!

There's a couple I still need to listen to as well, I just left those alone for now. The only one I'm not really sure about is Magnum anyway.

Magnum: That one features some brilliant singing. I hope you guys will give that album a listen.

+ more

Last edited:
I definitely will, I said I'm not sure about that one because I've never listened to Magnum before. Every other band on this list I'm pretty familiar with.

Live At Leeds is an early monument to loud music - as close to metal as the Who ever got.

Well I listened to the Magnum earlier this morning. It was OK, had all the energy you want in a live album and didn't sound fake. The vocals were great, they reminded me of Kansas' vocalist, whom I really like. That said, the music didn't really pique my interest. Lords Of Chaos was a very cool song though.

Re: Live At Leeds, monumental yes, but not really my cup of tea. I like some of The Who's material, mostly Quadrophenia and Tommy, but after that they're very hit or miss.

Nice you checked it out Mosh. Hope you won't see this as a last Magnum listening session. This was an early record. Later they got a bit more epic (and catchy, although the song Kingdom of Madness already has a very catchy spirit). I even think they could have been a little inspiration on (the band) Dio (songwriting wise), but more on that some other time.

I suppose 'No Sleep 'Til Hammersmith' is my favourite live album ever.
'Unleashed In The East' and 'Tokyo Tapes' are also two of the best live albums I know.

You don't get more sweaty, dirty rock n roll than If You Want Blood.
It is what live rock should be.

Eliminated:
Live Bootleg
At Budokan
Seconds Out
Golden Earring

At Budokan is out, didn't take long for this game to become a farce.

Eliminated:
Yessongs
If You Want Blood..
Live At Leeds

The 80's Albums join the battle!

Sad to see Midnight Oil go down (under) so soon. Wish I had seen this passionate band before they called it quits....
You would have read about it.

Eliminated:
Genesis Live
No Sleep Til Hammersmith
Live In The UK
Scream In Blue Live
The Birthday Party
Live From Earth
Under A Blood Red Sky

This is about the first time that I am seeing the singer Dio doing so relatively "bad", in such an early stage.

Back