Life outside Maiden?

LooseCannon

Enterprise-class aircraft carrier
Staff member
I've been wondering what everyone here does when you're not religiously reviewing Iron Maiden and all their wondrous works.

Aside from being bored in class I spend a lot of time playing video games, namely Age of Empires 2 and Warcraft 3, but a lot of Super Nintendo stuff as well!

I also role play online and play a lot of Magic-The Gathering and D&D. Lately I've been into Axis and Allies Pacific and Risk too.

I'm a history major so I spend a lot of time doing that, but I love it, so it's great...one of the things that attracted me to Maiden...songs like Aces High, Invaders, Alexander the Great based upon history...wow!

I also read a lot, stuff like Tolkien and even Harry Potter.

So that's me.

[!--QuoteBegin-Shaman+Sep 16 2003, 06:01 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Shaman @ Sep 16 2003, 06:01 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--] I luv Tolkien, too!!! Do you like the Peter Jackson's films? [/quote]
They really suck! Jackson is the worst director ever! Only fighting and no feeling.

[!--emo&:puke:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/pukeface.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'pukeface.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

I like playing guitar very much, and i play in a band called mercury bullet, we play sort of maiden influed music. I also like playing old videogames. Right now i'm playing the old nintendo 8-bit system, but the super nintendo is great too.
I also like some sports like football and ice hockey.

Guitar. If I'm not listening to maiden it's because I'm composing.
I also build software in MS VisualBasic. I make PC games about dogs.
Sometimes I leave the guitar and the computer to recruit for my band. I tend to recruit when I'm in school.

Soon I am to buy an amp which you can clip onto your shirt! It's about the size of my fist and it's only 21 quid. On the day when I buy the amp, buying the amp will be what I am doing when I am not listening to Maiden.

I've just realised that the banana dances to Hooks in you.

[!--emo&:nana:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/lambada.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'lambada.gif\' /][!--endemo--] Hooks in you, Hooks in me, Hooks in the ceiling... [!--emo&:nana:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/lambada.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'lambada.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Is there a life outside Maiden???? [!--emo&:D--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/biggrin.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'biggrin.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Well, of course there must be! I'm personally a great fans of reading (a right bookworm I am!) and of watching sci-fi films (favourites are 2001 A Space Odyssey - bit of a joke nowadays! - Alien, Event Horizon and the like)

[!--emo&:rock:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/headbang.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'headbang.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

I like Jackson's films...I think they over-emphasized the Arwen-Aragorn love story though. Where was Glorfindal?

I'm a Photographer...so that's usually what I'm doing.

[!--emo&:D--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/biggrin.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'biggrin.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

[!--QuoteBegin-MaidenSweden+Sep 16 2003, 04:18 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(MaidenSweden @ Sep 16 2003, 04:18 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--] They really suck! Jackson is the worst director ever! Only fighting and no feeling.

[!--emo&:puke:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/pukeface.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'pukeface.gif\' /][!--endemo--] [/quote]
Are you kidding me? [!--emo&;)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/wink.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'wink.gif\' /][!--endemo--] The guy did a great job I think. I luv the films. I can't wait for the Return of the King!!!

i also love the lord of the rings movie i bought them both on dvd when they came out i alos like most videogames like Golden Sun, age of empires age of mythology, empire earth and i play soocer (football)

[!--QuoteBegin-MaidenSweden+Sep 16 2003, 01:18 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(MaidenSweden @ Sep 16 2003, 01:18 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--] They really suck! Jackson is the worst director ever! Only fighting and no feeling.

[!--emo&:puke:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/pukeface.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'pukeface.gif\' /][!--endemo--] [/quote]
mmm... I like Tolkien too... and I liked the films...

Outside Maiden, I'm an IT engineer, I play some computer games, drink and have fun....

[!--QuoteBegin-MaidenSweden+Sep 16 2003, 04:18 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(MaidenSweden @ Sep 16 2003, 04:18 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--] They really suck! Jackson is the worst director ever! Only fighting and no feeling.

[!--emo&:lol:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/lol[1].gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'lol[1].gif\' /][!--endemo--]

I think PJ is great...I loved the LOTR films and I think he did a great job on them! And I love all his horror work also...Dead Alive(BrainDead) being a fav of mine! [!--emo&;)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/wink.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'wink.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Hold on...LIFE OUTSIDE OF MAIDEN?!!? Good one..Almost had me going!!! [!--emo&:lol:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/lol[1].gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'lol[1].gif\' /][!--endemo--] I incorporate (think i spelled it right) Maiden into most things, im trying to hunt down Steve's bass from the powerslave CD book thing [!--emo&:wub:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/wub.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'wub.gif\' /][!--endemo--] Im gonna join the Air Force too! Aces High Inspired me to do so [!--emo&:blush:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/blush.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'blush.gif\' /][!--endemo--] i even have a model of a Spitfire that's mentioned in the song, and in the single picture, I love all their flying songs to death [!--emo&:wub:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/wub.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'wub.gif\' /][!--endemo--] [!--emo&:wub:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/wub.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'wub.gif\' /][!--endemo--] [!--emo&:wub:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/wub.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'wub.gif\' /][!--endemo--] im going to learn to play bass--I already play drums, Maiden influences everything I do!! [!--emo&:D--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/biggrin.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'biggrin.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Everybody I know likes the Lord of the Rings movies... I feel a bit lonely [!--emo&:(--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/sad.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'sad.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

[!--QuoteBegin-SteveHarrisRules+Sep 17 2003, 04:11 AM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(SteveHarrisRules @ Sep 17 2003, 04:11 AM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--] Hold on...LIFE OUTSIDE OF MAIDEN?!!? Good one..Almost had me going!!! [!--emo&:lol:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/lol[1].gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'lol[1].gif\' /][!--endemo--] I incorporate (think i spelled it right) Maiden into most things, im trying to hunt down Steve's bass from the powerslave CD book thing [!--emo&:wub:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/wub.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'wub.gif\' /][!--endemo--] Im gonna join the Air Force too! Aces High Inspired me to do so  [!--emo&:blush:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/blush.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'blush.gif\' /][!--endemo--] i even have a model of a Spitfire that's mentioned in the song, and in the single picture, I love all their flying songs to death [!--emo&:wub:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/wub.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'wub.gif\' /][!--endemo--]  [!--emo&:wub:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/wub.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'wub.gif\' /][!--endemo--]  [!--emo&:wub:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/wub.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'wub.gif\' /][!--endemo--] im going to learn to play bass--I already play drums, Maiden influences everything I do!! [!--emo&:D--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/biggrin.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'biggrin.gif\' /][!--endemo--] [/quote]
Aces High is a great song, but I don't think the RAF fly Spits anymore... [!--emo&:lol:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/lol[1].gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'lol[1].gif\' /][!--endemo--] BTW, the Spitfire mentioned in Aces High is a Mk 1, the only type operational during the Battle of Britain...and if you want to make a diorama of the song, make sure all your Bf-109s are type Es or Emils...so make sure your models match!

Back