Let's try and get 1,000,000 replies to this post

Flying to Boise for pretty much a 24 hour stay. First time in Idaho, wonder how many potatoes i can eat in that time

It always annoyed me that when Paul Simon sings about 50 ways to leave your lover, he actually only happens to mention, like, five ways in the end and then he just repeats it. What about the other 45, dude?

Get up and scram, Sam
Start up the lorry, Rory
Break off your chains, James
Go take a hike, Mike
Make yourself gone, John
Give her a slip, Kip
Turn a new leaf, Steve
Abandon your pad, Jed
Pretend you’re deaf, Jeff
Say that that’s all, Paul
Let’s pack a bag, Reg
Don’t worry and book, Luke
If it snows then plough, Joe
Give her the bill, Will
Stop bein‘ a slave, Dave
Just go and split, Kit
Ask her to peg, Greg
Leave with a man, Dan
Take back the diamond, Simon
Hack her to pieces, Reece
…and get yourself free.

I need another 25. <_<

No problem Foro! Shall I pass on your phone number so they can get in touch with you directly to find out exactly what you want from them?
You can direct them here as well. Have been in touch with a German metal band before when I started analyzing their lyrics/song titles on their forum.

By the way, first ask for the autograph, then the questions and demands. ;)

It always annoyed me that when Paul Simon sings about 50 ways to leave your lover, he actually only happens to mention, like, five ways in the end and then he just repeats it. What about the other 45, dude?

Get up and scram, Sam
Start up the lorry, Rory
Break off your chains, James
Go take a hike, Mike
Make yourself gone, John
Give her a slip, Kip
Turn a new leaf, Steve
Abandon your pad, Jed
Pretend you’re deaf, Jeff
Say that that’s all, Paul
Let’s pack a bag, Reg
Don’t worry and book, Luke
If it snows then plough, Joe
Give her the bill, Will
Stop bein‘ a slave, Dave
Just go and split, Kit
Ask her to peg, Greg
Leave with a man, Dan
Take back the diamond, Simon
Hack her to pieces, Reece
…and get yourself free.

I need another 25. <_<
None of those suitable then?

My favourite Paul Simon lyric is "he ducked back down the alley with some roly-poly little bat-faced girl" - anyone up for a new thread along the lines of "lyrics we thought must be misheard but turned out to be genuine"?
:lol:

I'm using an ancient calculator at work. One of those where you type 100/3*3 and receive 99,9999999 if you know what I mean.

It occurred to me that with their smartphones, kids today probably aren't using those anymore. So they will never learn about the joy you get out of typing BOOBIES into a calculator. They won't understand the joy of typing any word into a calculator.

What a loss of culture.

I don't think smartphones are generally allowed for calculations at school, not for me at least. You can do so much more with a proper calculator, including staring at boobs.

That's cruel. Using school equipment to construct even the vaguest sexual innuendo in the honest belief that your teacher had never seen that one before is an essential part of puberty.

There is a healthy market for proper calculators. Texas Instruments is still selling them. I don't remember elementary school, in highschool appear on a math or physics exam without a calc and you'd be tossed out. In college, we could use cheatsheet books for anything. I remember there was every single formula needed for physics exam there. It's not about learning them letter for letter, it's about knowing what to use and when.

Every calculator I ever owned was Texas Instruments, come to think of it. Was there ever any other relevant manufacturer?

You're supposed to do every calculation without help here. Wasn't just my time, it's still the case.

in highschool appear on a math or physics exam without a calc and you'd be tossed out.

In highschool appear on a math or physics exam with a calc and you'd be tossed out.

What kind of school are you in? How can you do logarithms if you don't have either a logarithmic book or a calculator?

Back