Let's try and get 1,000,000 replies to this post

Bruce does sound strained on SIT. Doesn't stop it from being my favorite Maiden album though.

The atmosphere on that record is second to none.

Sea of Madness.

Really? That's his best vocal performance on the album barring Wasted Years.

I'd add Stranger in a Strange Land to the songs where he sounds strained instead of SoM.

Really? That's his best vocal performance on the album barring Wasted Years.

I keep hearing from people that they love this performance, and it puzzles me. To me, it's his worst album performance from the eighties after Back in the Village. He sounds strained, bored and tortured, incapable of hitting the high notes and not bothering to try. Stranger in a Strange Land on the other hand is his best on the album in my opinion.

The chorus of SIASL is cringe inducingly strained. Sea of Madness has my favorite Maiden chorus ever.

As for the verses, I think it has more to do with how the songs are written than Bruce struggling. Sea of Madness has busy verses due to a rapid main riff, Stranger in a Strange Land is mid-tempo with just chords playing under the verses.

He doesn't sound strained at all, to my ears at least. People giving Deja Vu as an example, well, it's a weird vocal in the verses, but the chorus and stuff is good. Yeah, I think it's fine, but then I love the album so I might be biased, I dunno.

I've been very enamoured with Benjamin Breeg over the last few days and just now I checked Ultimate Guitar for the tab. It was posted by some guy called Jeff Metal.......:ok:

Woke up this morning to more than a full page of spam in the Music subforum. o_O

Attachments

• Bez názvu.jpg
    Bez názvu.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 6
Back