Let's try and get 1,000,000 replies to this post

Essay sent with 10 minutes to spare before the deadline.

giphy.gif

Start organizing!
I've never done anything like this so I wouldn't know how to start. And upon further thought, it might not be very convenient for me. I'll have to be here at home until we leave for the show to help with my brother. It's no big deal. I'm just super glad to be able to see Maiden.

So the Taliban fuckers have set off a car bomb in Kabul, killing 80+, injuring 300+ ... Things have been bad in Europe over the last few years, but we get nothing compared to countries like Iraq and Afghanistan. Just because you're not in a city where there's actual combat doesn't mean you're safe in these countries. So in case anyone's tempted to think "muslims" or "islam" is at war with the West ... look to the Middle East and how these same groups kill thousands of Muslims every year and seem to take pride in it.

The shock value to us Westerners is of course higher when things happen in our otherwise peaceful countries, but let's at least not forget what's going on in other parts of the world.

Some gems from my mum on Sunday night:

"Do you think any of them wear wigs? That can't all be that lucky with baldness."
"I didn't like that one that pouted a lot, with the shortish brown hair." (she was talking about Adrian Smith :p).
"I prefer my t-shirt to everyone elses." (The Iron Maiden was in glitter)
(when she saw someone wearing a Maiden t-shirt in the hotel next day) "Great concert last night, wasn't it?" (Leading to a confused look from most, after all she does not look like a typical fan).
(And when they didn't answer...) "Och, the English never talk to anyone."

Back