1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Let's try and get 100,000 replies to this post

Discussion in 'Community' started by The Ancient Mariner, Apr 30, 2002.

1. Travis The Dragon

Travis The Dragon SCREAM FOR ME MINNESOTA!!!

2. Perun

Perun Climbing like a monkey Staff Member

It might surprise you to find that I completely agree with this.

Travis The Dragon likes this.
  3. Saapanael

Saapanael "My hair sets the trend of tmrw by doing it today"

It's spring equinox and Perun and Travis are best friends - what a day! :cheers:

4. Black Wizard

Black Wizard Out of the Silent Planet

5. Dr. Eddies Wingman

Dr. Eddies Wingman Brighter than thousand_suns

Right now it's probably right. After all, the winter sports season is in its closing stage and we have confirmed that we're good at something. Just wait until November, when darkness returns and the football season has had time to wreak havoc on our self esteem - and the new winter sports season has not had time to heal the wounds yet.

6. Wästed The Great

Wästed The Great Minister Of Chicks, Metal&Beer; Cool & Froody Dude Staff Member

As usual, Wasted is late to the program. I saw several pages back that someone mentioned this thread started in Apr 2002. Wow. It has definitely had its moments over the years. I think that in Apr 2002 I'd recently moved into my new house and had to put a roof on it-- that is what my memory suggests. Just a few short years away from joining this forum.

In other news, sometimes I wake up on Monday morning and don't know where my weekend went-- all I have is a pile of dirty clothes to wash :/

Lastly, we are entering the last few weeks before I become Wasted the Gramp. Waiting for the daughter's offspring to arrive.

7. LooseCannon

LooseCannon Self-propelled artillery Staff Member

You drink too much, or perhaps, not enough.

Holy smokes, did not know. Congratulations!

8. Wästed The Great

Wästed The Great Minister Of Chicks, Metal&Beer; Cool & Froody Dude Staff Member

I think its a little of both-- too much and not enough ;)

And thanks!! Should be by the middle of April!!

9. Albie

Albie Keeping an open eye on the Weeping Angels.

You know what, I really do enjoy my job, do find being oncall a distraction to my out of hours downtime.

10. LooseCannon

LooseCannon Self-propelled artillery Staff Member

I do too. Especially when I am called to deal with other people's fuckups for 10 hours over a weekend.

11. Travis The Dragon

Not too much actually. More and more people are supporting medical marijuana. I actually think all drugs should be legalized. I don't thing usage would go up and it would shut down a ton of gang activity.

12. MrKnickerbocker

MrKnickerbocker clap hands

That's a terrible idea. I very much agree that marijuana should be legalized, not because I enjoy it but for medicinal purposes and because we can tax the shit out of it.

13. Travis The Dragon

Why is it a terrible idea?

14. Ariana

Ariana Purple leopard

Not that topic again! We talked about legalizing drugs a hundred pages ago! Right here.

MrKnickerbocker and Brigantium like this.
  15. Albie

Albie Keeping an open eye on the Weeping Angels.

Fortunately, I don't need to do that. It's mainly exceptions from systems. Or getting hold of programmers when their job fails (which is becoming less for us as they now get the alerts as well).

16. MrKnickerbocker

MrKnickerbocker clap hands

17. Brigantium

Brigantium Work Geordie for hire Staff Member

Turned down for yet another job, only the third interview I've managed to get since July. :censored: I'm starting to think that it's a waste of time applying for posts that use competency-based recruitment sifts. At least you know where you're at with job ads that spell out the experience or type of person required.

18. JudasMyGuide

JudasMyGuide A Bug

Sorry to hear that, Brigs. Wish you luck. The best job is yet to come.

terrell39 and Brigantium like this.
  19. JudasMyGuide

JudasMyGuide A Bug

BTW does anyone know what is going on with all the fucking sloths? (The animals). Not a day passes by without some meme or whatever - Neal Morse's FB is full of it and the Windows profile on my new PC at work decided I was a sloth too. What have I missed? :confused:

20. bearfan

bearfan Ancient Mariner

I am sure this guy is not in trouble at all