Let's try and get 1,000,000 replies to this post

Goddamnit, Perun, I can't seem to figure it out. It's starting to drive me batty.

Otto Weddigen. He was one of the first German war heroes (and the first u boat captain at that) in the First World War for sinking three British vessels in September 1914 at a time when u boats were considered a mere toy. Some say he single-handedly built the reputation of the u boat weapon, and in Germany, he was a wartime celebrity like Richthofen or Hindenburg. He has since fallen into obscurity, I suppose also because he already died in 1915. The street my granparents lived in was named for him, and for as long as I can remember, they had a newspaper clipping from the occasion of his hundreth birthday hanging in the kitchen.

I know, but I'm not surprised. In my book on the war, he will get a foot note of maybe three or four lines. But I was surprised to see that there is an English language Wikipedia entry on him.

I'm leaving for a few days in country cottage.
No electricity, just acoustic guitars, fireplace, books, wine and peace.

Otto Weddigen. He was one of the first German war heroes (and the first u boat captain at that) in the First World War for sinking three British vessels in September 1914 at a time when u boats were considered a mere toy. Some say he single-handedly built the reputation of the u boat weapon, and in Germany, he was a wartime celebrity like Richthofen or Hindenburg. He has since fallen into obscurity, I suppose also because he already died in 1915. The street my granparents lived in was named for him, and for as long as I can remember, they had a newspaper clipping from the occasion of his hundreth birthday hanging in the kitchen.

Interesting to know. Also like that street trivia. By the way, I live in a street named after Montgomery...

OK, It looks like I'm going to hafta change my avatar as well.

I'll make some mods to that when I get home... I'm leaning towards General Kenobi. :jedi:

All of Slayer's albums sound the same.
Well, that was my problem with Reign all the songs basically sounded the same except for maybe Angel of Death and Raining Blood, South of Heaven for me was a breath of fresh air. I think my personal favorite track from South of Heaven is Live Undead.

Well, that was my problem with Reign all the songs basically sounded the same except for maybe Angel of Death and Raining Blood, South of Heaven for me was a breath of fresh air. I think my personal favorite track from South of Heaven is Live Undead.

Post-mortem is quite different. Way slower. I remember reading an interview with Kerry King in which he stated that South of Heaven was the only album for which the band prepared decently. Also, I particularly like the drums by Lombardo. Love his sound, the way they are in the mix and his phenominal breaks. And it features the best Slayer song "Ghosts of War".

I don't see what's so special about Ghosts Of War. I'm not saying that it's a bad song, but I can name at least 40 better Slayer songs.

40? :)

Ghosts of War kicks elephant balls. The riffs and drums turn this into one of the best bangers ever.
The incredibly groovy part later on (with fantastic drum rolls) could even make the Ayatollahs of Iran jump up and down, if they'd hear it.

*cough* Skeletons of Society *cough* South of Heaven *cough* Piece by Piece *cough* Expendable Youth *cough* Raining Blood *cough* At Dawn They Sleep *cough* Hate Worldwide *cough*

Boy, haven't had a coughing fit like that in ages. What did you guys do to me?

I post because I am inclined to.

also....it is almost the end of the year. Are you satisfied with your year??

Back