last.fm

I should really get it on my PC, but work is strict about what we download on our laptops.

It takes literally 3 seconds. in Chrome, go to apps > Web store, search Adblock, click Add to Chrome, done. :p

I was even surprised that this site has so many ads when I logged into it from my phone once. I'm used to seeing it without ads.

Not surprisingly, I got UK and US purple, followed by Sweden - again, not a surprise! Then Finland and Germany, followed by France and Norway, Canada, Netherlands, Brazil and Australia, then Denmark, Poland, Italy, Ireland, Iceland and Japan. I listen to a Japanese band? I can't think who.

This one's mine

http://www.last.fm/user/matthewmatt

But since the scrobbler works in mysterious ways and sometimes it doesn't work at all, it's not that representative. I guess that's the perk of being a Mac user. However, it says my top artists of all time are Dream Theater, Iron Maiden, Symphony X, Bruce Dickinson and Nightwish, so it's not that inaccurate. :D

Just discovered that King Crimson doesn't allow last.fm to use their album covers on their website o_O And they also block all their stuff on YouTube, Vimeo and Dailymotion.

Just discovered that King Crimson doesn't allow last.fm to use their album covers on their website o_O And they also block all their stuff on YouTube, Vimeo and Dailymotion.

Surprised? Fripp is really obsessed about that stuff. I remember there was actually an official live release (not a bootleg) where there was a track consisting of Crimson stopping the show and Fripp taking a camera away from a guy, because he took a picture or whatever.

EDIT: A weird coincidence - after several months I have opened my KC folder on the disk to play something... only to find this post of yours minutes later :D

Surprised? Fripp is really obsessed about that stuff. I remember there was actually an official live release (not a bootleg) where there was a track consisting of Crimson stopping the show and Fripp taking a camera away from a guy, because he took a picture or whatever.
Stupid thing to do IMO.

I think Prince also doesn't allow his songs to appear on those websites.

And on a related note, for a long time setlist.fm wasn't allowed to post Rammstein setlists o_O

EDIT: A weird coincidence - after several months I have opened my KC folder on the disk to play something... only to find this post of yours minutes later :D
Illuminati confirmed!

Back