Kreator

Night Prowler

Customer Deathcycle Manager
Staff member
Hmmmmm, it seems that there's no Kreator thread. I'm probably going to see them on Exit Festival in July. I'm going there to see Big Audio Dynamite primarily, and if these 2 concerts are not at the same time, I'm going to see Kreator as well. So, I only heard their 2 latest albums (Enemy Of God and Hordes Of Chaos). Any suggestions of what album should I try next? What's their catchiest album?

If you like the last two albums (the ones you mentioned), you'd probably enjoy Violent Revolution.

Everything the band did up to Coma Of Souls features more aggressive thrash work and not quite as melody induced as the last few records.

I have not heard many songs off Endorama, Outcast, or Cause For Conflict, or Renewal, but I've heard those records were made during Kreator's "experimental" period and aren't as thrash metal-oriented as their previous works.

Kreator is a particular favourite of mine. And funnily enough it's the last 15 years or so that I have as my favoured era. Extreme Aggression was my introduction to them - good album, by the way - but I started to listen to their so called industrial stuff (Endorama, etc.) and found that to be brilliant. Later stuff (Enemy of God, etc) got them back on track to a more aggressive style.

I'll try to delve further at some later point.

I'm seeing them on Sunday... Their last 3 albums are AMAZING, that's thrash metal I like. Their early stuff isn't my cup of tea, but I'll try to find something I like from that era.

Try to listen to Extreme Aggression - it was made around 89ish and reflects a turning of the corner for them.

Endless Pain isn't really interesting to me. Vocals are mixed too high and aren't really great. Tormentor and Flag Of Hate are the best songs on the album.

Pleasure To Kill is much better than the debut. The Pestilence rules :shred: Pleasure To Kill and Riot Of Violence are also OK.

Terrible Certainty and Extreme Aggression - tomorrow.
Btw. Voices Of The Dead is currently my favorite Kreator song :shred:

Wow, their concert last night was awesome. I surprised myself, cause I knew all the songs :D I avoided mosh pits cause they were really brutal, there was so much dust on the ground from all the mosh-pitting that people had to wear anti-flu masks to protect themselves :D

Yeah, they are slowly becoming more of a melodeath Gothenburg band in the last few albums. Not that I mind, if it works...

This one is pure Maiden/melodeath worship:

So I listened to the new album and it's pretty cool. Nothing groundbreaking but every song is super catchy and the album is full of awesome melodies and riffs. They are now more Gothenburg melodeath than thrash but it suits them just fine.

Best songs on the album are:
Hail To The Hordes (awesome melodies and chorus)
Fallen Brother (apparently this one is a tribute song to some dead metal musicians (watch the video :p))
Death Becomes My Light (total epic Maiden worship with galloping melodies and even the reunion acoustic intro :p)

I would say that the most notable song on this album is Side By Side. Reason? It's an anti-homophobia song. Don't think I've ever heard a metal song dealing with this subject without 3 layers of metaphors and I think that's pretty cool. Pretty cool song too. Lyrics here.

Last edited:
Finally saw Kreator live last night for the first time and it was WELL worth the wait! Mille's energy and how he can scream both during the songs and in between songs (to rev the audience up) is astounding (not to mention his guitar work!)! Sami's lead guitar was very impressive as well. Setlist was a great mix of old and new. Mille was very happy with the great turnout and made it a point to say it had been too many years since they were here (Kreator skipped Houston on the Phantom Antichrist tour).

I missed the first band, but when I arrived Midnight started. Never heard of them or seen them before. Trio who wear black masks with no eye slits. Very misogynist evil lyrics. Singer just screams. They were OK.

Next was Obituary. My first time to see them. You need to be VERY familiar with their material because the singer only announced 2 of the songs. Most of it sounded the same. But it was still cool to see death metal legends live finally. Apparently Houston is VERY big on this band. The merch table was shared between Kreator and Obituary and it looked about equal for sales! In the audience, I think I saw MORE Obituary shirts than Kreator shirts?!

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/kreator/2017/house-of-blues-houston-tx-73f902e1.html
http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/obituary/2017/house-of-blues-houston-tx-1bf96520.html
http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/midnight/2017/house-of-blues-houston-tx-1bf96548.html

Back