1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Killers

Discussion in 'Killers' started by Anonymous, Oct 2, 2003.

?

How good is Killers on a scale of 1-10?

1. 10

33.3%
  2. 9

43.1%
  3. 8

15.7%
  4. 7

7.8%
  5. 6

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. 5

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. 4

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. 3

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. 2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 1

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. LooseCannon

LooseCannon Yorktown-class aircraft carrier Staff Member

Current score: 8.69
    Previous average: 9.58
    Difference: -0.89

2. Mosh

Mosh The years just pass like trains Staff Member

Apparently I rated this a ten already. I guess I can give it that. I'm not a fan of the intro but once the heaviness kicks in it's really good. And the harmonics in the verse blew my mind when I started playing guitar. The instrumental section is one of my favorites too. So 10/10

3. Vap

Vap Ancient Mariner

10! :edmetal: I love everything in this track. The bass in the intro, Paul's singing & lyrics and the guitars are great. My favorite song from Killers!  :rocker:

4. Night Prowler

Night Prowler ɹǝlʍoɹԀ ʇɥƃᴉN Staff Member

Paul's screams are great, and the riffs absolutely rule. 10/10.

5. Fugazi

Fugazi Alchemist

8/10, love the bass driven intro (it was the first thing I ever learned to play on bass, simple to play but sounds awesome) IMO it is the bass in general on this song that makes it sound great.

6. The Flash

The Flash Dennis Wilcock did 9/11

Fantastic intro, great harmonies. My favorite song from the album. High 9/10.

7. bearfan

bearfan Ancient Mariner

Really good song, it has great atmosphere and again shows Di'anno despite less range than Bruce, can still produce some great vocals that carry the mood of the song

a 10

8. wizard

wizard Invader

9. Murder89

Murder89 Officer Friendly

That intro is thrilling indeed.Steve knows how to make songs that express the feelings he wants.Those screams are classic and even though I'm still writing for the intro, the song goes on just as great.There's not a single less great moment in this one.Best song on the album. 10/10

10. Tron

Tron Trooper

i must have been on a hate parade with my ratings before  O_O  gave this a 5!
    bump that to an 8, great song. not breaking into the realms of brilliance...  hope ratings in posts are taken into account

11. Zare

Zare Dream of broken citadels

12. czgibson

czgibson Invader

9/10

Great tune. Really sinister vocals form Paul, and I love the crazy harmonics on the verse riff.

13. Viperlord

Viperlord Nomad

Simply awesome song. Paul is snarling with a absolutely delightful vengeance throughout the song, the bass is excellent, Clive is also noteworthy here, and the guitars are great. 10/10

14. Natalie

Natalie Insect of Terror Staff Member

My favorite song on this album, it just has a creepy completely convincing atmosphere to it, Paul is great, the riffs are fantastic. There's some serious bite to it. 9/10.

15. Check the Declination!

Check the Declination! Working on my PHD in Maiden

This is one of the true greats from beginning to end.

16. MrKnickerbocker

MrKnickerbocker clap hands

There's so much energy on this song. I'm not a huge fan of some of the vocals, but it's a really good track.

17. 10/10, best song from the early years.

18. AndrewLaeddis

AndrewLaeddis Prowler

Has there ever been a better bass intro? Great lyrics and solid leads throughout. I guess I can't bitch too much about Paul being here since he co-wrote the song, but his lack of vocal power (imo) really brings the song down for me. I feel like I'd get more enjoyment from the song if it was almost anyone else singing it. I have rarely come across a weaker scream than the one he delivers here. Still, great song. 8/10

19. Okay i'll lay off the barrage for now. This is a good song and thank goodness because the title track is always supposed to be good. This song has managed to wake me back up from that prior three song stupor I was in. Excellent guitar solo, Paul at some of his best.

9/10

20. Eddieson

Eddieson Nomad

Cool song! Best on the album! Really builds the atmosphere and gets your adrenaline pumping. Good build up for the solo and good solos.

8/10