1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Katatonia

Discussion in 'Music Discussion' started by Night Prowler, Mar 26, 2016.

1. Night Prowler

Night Prowler ɹǝlʍoɹԀ ʇɥƃᴉN Staff Member

I wish I was a fan, would really love to go to that festival again.

Brigantium likes this.
  2. Brigantium

Brigantium Work Geordie for hire Staff Member

I saw that advertised. I can hardly think of a band better suited to this, their music of the past few years really lends itself to playing with an orchestra, and they have a new album coming out in May, which promises to be in the same vein. They currently class their genre as dark progressive rock/metal. I doubt they'll play anything from their earlier doom days.

Katatonia toured with a mostly-acoustic show a couple of years ago, Dethroned and Uncrowned, which I was lucky enough to catch at one of only two UK dates. The other show, at the very atmospheric Union Chapel in London, was recorded and filmed and released as an album and video last year, Sanctitude. I can definitely see them performing a similar set in Plovdiv, probably with the addition of some of the new material.

A trailer has also been released for the new album, The Fall of Hearts. What I've heard so far sounds similar to the last album, Dead End Kings.

3. Night Prowler

4. Brigantium

Brigantium Work Geordie for hire Staff Member

Very nice, although it sounds like something Katatonia would do themselves rather than being covers that add something very different. They're mellow enough as it is, and fond of acoustic and orchestral reworkings of their own songs.

5. Night Prowler

They shared it on FB:

:)