Just a thought

Albie

Keeping an open eye on the Weeping Angels.
If someone edits an existing post, the post will still be marked as read - should other readers have already read it (or marked it as read). If it is edited and marked as read by the rest of us, the edited bit may go unnoticed. So is there a function to allow an edited post to be marked as unread (and obviously not increase the editors post count) for those who have yet to read the edit?

I say this as I have stumbled across the odd post that I have read and found it edited to add more prose or whatever.

Sounds like something you should be posting in feature suggestions here not on our forum. Theres no way for us to do that but it sounds like a good idea

Looks like simplemachines.org is down at present. I will try later.
I admit I thought it may be a little add-on or amendment forum admins could make, but when simplemachines.org are back on, I'll post it there.

On other forums there is such thing as a "bump button" which just bumps a thread but doesn't add a post or anything.  I'm not sure about simplemachines though.

I beleive the option is now available, I think, to a certain degree.

If you post a "double post" rather than edit the one before, you have a "Double Post" option that will merge your two posts together. It also shows as a new post so others, I assume, will see it as an unread post.

Was this here before the changes made yesterday? If it was, I hadn't noticed.

Albie said:
It indeed was here since the forums switched.  I didn't think the double post would bump the thread but I guess you learn something new every day ;)

Albie said:
I beleive the option is now available, I think, to a certain degree.

If you post a "double post" rather than edit the one before, you have a "Double Post" option that will merge your two posts together. It also shows as a new post so others, I assume, will see it as an unread post.

I added it yesterday. It will only merge your posts if they were made within I think 5 hours of each other though

Real World said:
I added it yesterday. It will only merge your posts if they were made within I think 5 hours of each other though
Are you sure? I thought this was here from the beginning.  I remember in one of the madness threads I double posted and the two were added together...

The two I merged were around 4 days apart. I had to edit the original after the merger to quote Conor as it would not make much sense, due to it been on a different page.

Back