Judas Priest Survivor 2012: Beyond The Realms Of Death wins

Vote for your LEAST favorite song

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Do many of you have the Sentinel at the top of your personal list, or very close to it?
Or is it just one of those songs that does well in Survivor because everybody likes it and no one ever votes against it until it gets down to the end?

It's always been in my top 10. I'm surprised it made it this far. I thought I was the only one who loved it.

Do many of you have the Sentinel at the top of your personal list, or very close to it?

No. While it's a great song, making side A of Defenders of the Faith the greatest A-side of all hard rock and metal records (Maiden included), I prefer at least 2 other songs of that album. I prefer at least 3 or 4 (maybe even 5 or more) Painkiller songs. I prefer at least 1 or 2 or 3 song(s) of most other seventies and eighties albums, depending on the album. So it might end up in top 20 or 25 (not sure to be honest) but absolutely not in top 10.

Or is it just one of those songs that does well in Survivor because everybody likes it and no one ever votes against it until it gets down to the end?

2nd on my list. The top three is identical to mine, actually.

I've never done a priest ranking, and I know mine would be very different to most others (I like ballads and I like the Ripper albums, but am not so swayed by the earlier ones on the whole) but Sentinel is certainly high up. Top10? maybe, Top2? no.

Back