Judas Priest Studio Album Survivor: Painkiller wins !

Satisfied?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Forostar

Ancient Mariner
I'll use these rules ...

SURVIVORRULESH_zps559d4996.jpg
... but note that I have put all studio ALBUMS in the first round.
Also: I'll try to do 3 to 4 days per round.
And: I won't rush with elimination, since there are not many albums.
CHANGE: I'll try to do something else (or old) again: maximum of 3 votes for the whole game until we reach the top 5 (maximum of 2 votes) and top 3 (1 vote).

Thanks in advance for playing!

Point of Entry, Turbo, Demolition (easily the worst)

The votes for Sad Wings and defenders shock me.

The debut and the Ripper pair.
I can't vote against album with Desert plains on it this early.

@Forostar: Why not check the box that lets people see who voted for what? People could easily vote for more than three and you wouldn't know.

You're right. It was a test (I wondered if I could see anything). I also remember an ancient option (probably previous forum) in which the voters can't see the result until the voting time was over. I was looking for something like that.

But I'll change it next round.

Last edited:
I also like Solar Angels. Most other Priest albums have more strong (enjoyable) songs, though.
Rocka Rolla is one of them IMO.

Point of Entry is very hit and miss, but I do have a soft spot for it.
I'm going to save most of my comments for the discography discussion.

Last edited:
Which will start next week by the way (good timing on the survivor Foro).

I've only listened to Point of Entry a few times, but every time I heard it I at least enjoyed most of it. The same can't be said for the three I voted for (Rocka Rolla, Demolition, Nostradamus) .

Nice you enjoy Point of Entry so much Mosh. I felt that the band went over the top by not only oversimplifying but also softening (commercializing) their songs without keeping (IMO enough) songs with interesting melodies. British Steel still kept enough aggression and cool riffs and speed(!), and Turbo had enough captivating melodies. Enough for me to be better than some other lesser albums of the catalogue.

I also like Solar Angels. Most other Priest albums have more strong (enjoyable) songs, though.
Rocka Rolla is one of them IMO.

I love Run of the Mill (Top 5 song for me) and I think both Rocka Rolla and One of the Road are very good tracks. Rocka Rolla is a nice album.

Great to see appreciation for Run of the Mill. One of the best build-ups towards a climax that they ever did. That solo by KK tells a whole story. Feel the swelling organ underneath. And that pulsating, hypnotizing bass guitar. Halford sounds so passionate. When I heard this coming from my vinyl for the first time, I was spellbound by its emotion. And it still works. Although I am huge fan of Heading Out, I might take this single song over the whole Point of Entry album.

Back