Journeyman

How good is Journeyman on a scale of 1-10?

• Total voters
Re: 'Journeyman'

Well for me personally, Journeyman is the best song that Iron Maiden have ever writen. It's a very very special song to me and it really means a lot to me this song does. Journeyman is me and my girlfriends song and every time I listen to it all I can think about is her. We both absoloutly love Iron Maiden to pieces but the song Journeyman in particular is a very special song to both of us and we really really hope that they play it on their upcoming tour this year because we're both going to the Glasgow gig and it would mean so much to us if they played it.

Re: 'journeyman'

Onhell said:
Musically it's...ok. But I don't like the lyrics at all. The fact that he can say what he wants and do what he wants and nobody telling him other wise is very.... nice in ideal. But it is thinking like that that starts fights, wars, and violence in general. It shows lack of respect towards others and the main reason for hate crimes in America. In the U.S the ideal of "Freedom" has been taken to such an extreme people think they have the right to shoot someone who stepped on their lawn, sue someone for "emotional" damage and so on and so forth. I'm writting this at school but as soon as I get home I'll give the song a good listen and get back to you guys with a more rational explanation, but I felt I had to say something [!--emo&:D--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/biggrin.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'biggrin.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Depends which way you take Journey man! I took it that no one can take Bruces freedom away!

Prance :bigsmile:

Re: 'Journeyman'

didnt bruce say this was about the journey of being an artist (music artist) and the experience that comes with it

Re: 'journeyman'

LooseCannon said:
This song has blown me away.  It's absolutely fucking amazing.  I've always thought Bruce's vocals were great with acoustic tunes.  Tears of the Dragon proved me right on that.  I'm glad they included this track; it might not mean much, but it's musically very moving.
:innocent: Journey man is a great song, I like the lyrics.

Daily Song: Journeyman

Welcome to the Daily Vote Thread! Rules are here.

Remember, only a decent review will count towards the contest.

Today's song: Journeyman

Yesterday's song remains open for voting! You can find it here.

I loved this song at first, but it is slipping down my rankings. The electric version isn't any better. It is a good unique song with a good set of interesting lyrics. 8/10.

Re: Daily Song: Journeyman

A nice change of pace for Maiden, I like the album version better than the electric.  It worked very well on the Death on the Road tour/album/DVD.  They took a bit of a chance on this song and it worked well.  I give it a very strong 7.

LooseCannon said:
I loved this song at first, but it is slipping down my rankings. The electric version isn't any better. It is a good unique song with a good set of interesting lyrics. 8/10.

I agree with those sentiments. loved it at first, but haven't really enjoyed it much since about 2004. 5

'The Journeyman' is utter crap, it's in my top ten of worst Maiden songs with Bruce. (1/10). It's in the same league like 'The Assassin' and 'Hooks In You'.

This song has a nice atmosphere, especially near the end, when the keyboards flow like oceanwaves on which the journeyman sails. I like the chorus less than the rest of the song.

low 7

I was just listening to this on the way home and, well, it is such a good record. It really does deserve a 9 and it closes the album so beautifully.

It's good but not great.  It seemed like a unique idea at the time to end the album with an acoustic slow number but I think this song has easily been eclipsed by subsequent ballads Out of the Shadows and particularly Coming Home.  7/10.

A great one, although like others here, I used to like it a lot more than I do now. Doesn't mean it gets lower than 8/10, though.

Wow what a closer! This is one of the best on the album. I love acoustic songs and I think maiden did it perfect here. H's live solo is great too. 10/10

Not very fond of this track. Its just not very good for a 7 minute track that really does...nothing. The chorus is cliched and banal. The track is drowning in uninspired synths that blares out the tedious acoustic guitar. I have to give some points for the lyrics in the verses, the best part about this song, very melancholy and poetically penned. 4/10

9. Love the lyrics, the verses. The chorus is great, specially live, but the instrumental passage should've been greater.

7/10... I've never been much of a fan of the chorus, but the tune itself is well done. I didn't realize there was an electric version... must investigate...

Back