Isle of Avalon

How good is Isle of Avalon on a scale of 1-10?

• Total voters
that Rush part is so fantastic. I'm tellin ya, there are a few parts on this album that are so un-maiden, that it's bloody awesome! I love it.

Stan said:
that Rush part is so fantastic. I'm tellin ya, there are a few parts on this album that are so un-maiden, that it's bloody awesome! I love it.

What's funny is that I actually believe that in a way it IS Maiden, even with the Rush tint. The harmonies, man.  They're still there, and they're brought together in such a cool way.

crazy thing is I didnt like this one the first listen - now I keep playing it over, and over... its a song within a song within a song... deep stuff - complex... lots to chew on.. WOW

This song is so fricking massive that I can hardly get my head wrapped around it.

Clearly and concisely....this is one of the greatest songs I have ever heard in my entire life!

I STILL am not sure I can give it a proper commentary....so much brilliance in one song...so many twists and turns of amazing moments.

I most ESPECIALLY love that mid-section, unlike anything they have EVER done....where the guitar weaves in and out and over the riffs, just playing wherever it feels like it wants to go, in a jazzy-ish walk across the middle of the song....half solo....half bridge....100% brilliant!

Unfrigginbelievable....I have to force myself not to hit repeat!

Good call Khan - you hit the nail on the head with the Jazz riffage in the mid section.. I was listening to this today traveling inbetween sales calls and my jaw almost hit the fucking floor - they have NEVER done anything likethis before. So, right there I give the guys huge props on this album.. Creativity is king - I mean did we really want another Piece of Mind?
We have already been down tha road.. Now were on a new one, and I fucking like it alot.. journey onward Biatches! :edmetal: :edmetal: :edmetal:

Cap Maronis said:
This is my favorite song they've done since Paschendale at least, and maybe much earlier.

It's been on loop for quite a while.
I'm right there with you.  This is Adrian's greatest work...He is God

Fuckin incredible song  :edmetal:  Gives me goosebumps!!!!!!!!!!!!

Best song in the album. Especially  main melody killing me. End of the song is so cool. Thank you Adrian.

I just want to say that there's been a bit made of the little riff that was "lifted" from No More Lies. I think that's in there on purpose. This is a song about Celtic religion; No More Lies has been interpreted to be about Christianity, and it could be a deliberate comparison between the two by H.

this is definetely my favourite song on the album at the moment...
i get shivers from the 'i can hear you, can you hear me? I can feel you... can't you feel me?" part, it is so epic and emotional at the same time, and then kicks in that 'fertility mother goddess' part which is so awesome, god this song is great

brendbro said:
this is definetely my favourite song on the album at the moment...
i get shivers from the 'i can hear you, can you hear me? I can feel you... can't you feel me?" part, it is so epic and emotional at the same time, and then kicks in that 'fertility mother goddess' part which is so awesome, god this song is great

And the part after that rocks too  :edmetal:

I have listened to this song about 35 times now, and I'm really starting to love this track.

Khan said:
Corrections and additions in RED below...

Edit: fixed a mistake I made

Will do more tomorrow after work. For now, it's late. Also fixed up WTWWB and MOM.

What mistake? I'll edit my post with the correction.

I'm surprised there isn't more discussion of this song considering I've seen a lot of people saying this is one of their favorites on the album.

Khan I feel your earlier commentary is an echo of mine at this time for Isle Of Avalon.. Way too much song for me to accurately comment on yet.  Even though I've listened to it about 30 times already, I don't think I'm worthy of giving it a grade.
    I'm still finding new pieces.  The "I can hear her crying, tears of an angel" part is ungodly.  I can feel this song in my bones. I look forward to years of listening and absorbing this track.  What can you say?  This album has turned me upside down.  My life is almost at a halt as I listen and take care of the rest of my life in between listens...

Back