Is the chatroom down?

JackKnife

A Vivid example of masculine pulchritude
I cannot connect to the chatroom although it's not the problem being banned. I just can't load the java applet. It worked perfectly yesterday... Any suggestion someone? :huh:

Actually, this just prompted me to connect using mIRC and the connection was refused.

It looks like the IP address has been changed to 69.65.113.42. I'll have a word with the people from InfiniteChat.

For those who are using mIRC and have not already done so, you will need to add a new server with the name 69.65.113.42 - this will work (or just type the command /SERVER 69.65.113.42). It seems that the IP address of the server irc.infinitechat.com is been resolved as 204.157.0.202 - which will not work. It maybe the case that eventually the IP address change will catch up with the server name (these things can take time) and the IP address of irc.infinitechat.com will resolve as 69.65.113.42 and all will work using the name, but until then its best to adopt the above as the Infinite chat web site is advising mIRC users to do so.
EDIT: Alternatively, you can put the following entry in your local hosts table:

69.65.113.42 irc.infinitechat.com

So you need not make any change to mIRC. IP addresses are resolved by looking at you local host table first before attempting to look on the 'net.

On Windows 2000 and above the location of your host table is in "C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc" and is called simply hosts. It can be edited using notepad. In Windows 98 (if anyone is still using it) the location is, from memory, C:\Windows. Can't comment on Mac's/Linux/etc. I'm afraid.

Well, thanks a lot Albie for all these informations, it will help a lot of people.
Meanwhile, gents of the administration, will anything be done for the Mac's owners?
Thanks in advance for your answer!

Oh, really, Real World, this is helpful...

So, basically, I'll never be able to reach the chatroom again?
Nothing for Mac? That's openminded  :p

Sorry just kidding. I have no idea why it wouldnt work on Mac. It's just a Java app. You have Java installed right?

Owly, after consulting with my Computer Geek friend, I can cornfirm what RW said. There aren't any compatability issues with Java between Mac and PC. I'd suggest installing the latest version of Java, rebooting, and trying again.

If that doesn't work, it might be a problem with your firewall or other security settings.

I use a Mac and I was able to use the chatroom... so I don't know if whatever problem was already fixed or I'm simply cool like that :D

I can again access the chatroom but it's really weird.
I'm suppose to accept a java applet anytime I want to connect. Its certificate is over since 2 years...
Do yo use a special software on your mac Onhell?

Le Hibou - The Owl said:
I can again access the chatroom but it's really weird.
I'm suppose to accept a java applet anytime I want to connect. Its certificate is over since 2 years...
Do yo use a special software on your mac Onhell?

I have to do the same thing. what is odd is the expired one works anyway, but under that one there are two or three other "certificates" that are current. So I just select those.

Back