Iron Wurzel

Very good - had me laughing. Love the West Country accent. :D

Thanks guys really appreciate it xD if you look on our channel theres also a cover of the trooper on there, amongst many other metal and rock (and tragic pop) classics, glad yall enjoyed it

There's 1 more note in the intro riff  :p

Seriously though, as much as it's one of those things you show to someone and they go "... that's baaaaaaaaad" (in a good way) and then never listen to it again, I love stuff like this. Used to put Hayseed Dixie on on a fairly regular basis (did they inspire you to do the 'different' thing in any way?) because even though it's semi-piss take, it's extremely upbeat in nature and great for lifting your mood.

If I had to make a critique, I'd say the acoustic guitar solo is too quiet in the mix, that's it really.

Out of interest, can you play the accordian's with the buttons on both sides or just the keyboard-type ones, sorry don't know the proper terms.

Lastly.. it's great to see you all smiling in the video, and generally just enjoying what you're doing.. whether its just due to enjoying your band/music or trying not to laugh at what you're singing. Keep it up... bands like this, whilst they tend not to hit the big time, they are a fairly unique and will often get attention for that. I've seen Hayseed Dixie, Turisas (although theyre more towards the metal spectrum by a long way, just with the accordian/fiddle in there :p) and a band I forget the name of - 9 piece Indian band or something - at download festival, which isn't exactly a small thing at all no matter what time of day you are on.

:ok:

Hayseed Dixie was partly an inspiration for us yeah, I guess if it weren't for them we wouldn't have actually gone ahead with it. We formed just after Bloodstock last year where me and my mate ran around the camp with ukeleles tormenting people, we spent a lot of time at the festival that year thinking up songs and laughing about how they would sound if the wurzels played them.

Noted about the acoustic cheers, and no I can't play a button accordion fck that lol, theyre ridiculously complicated!

And yes, we do enjoy what we're doing, even though we've played most of our songs dozens and dozens of times I still find myself laughing at the lyrics on stage.. Sometimes it's still quite hard to believe how ridiculous the whole thing is :p Thanks for the feedback all!!

Back