Iron Savior?

A

Anonymous

As previously mentioned (somewhere!), I'm looking to expand my metal collection. No offense to Maiden, of course, but it's almost 15% of my iPod (not including Live After Death or Fear Of The Dark) and I'm going to wind up going insane if I hear too much of it... ;)

So anyway, I heard about this band called Iron Savior (Saviour?) from Germany, a power metal band. Does anybody know anything about them, and are they any good (in an over-all, related-to-Maiden sense)? Wikipedia says that people who like Iron Maiden might like them.

Iron Savior are a decent heavy metal band, not very power metal in my opinion. I have Condition Red and Battering Ram, and while neither of them are anything totally earth-shatteringly new, they are a nice listen. The concept is the Iron Savior is a giant ship, with the brain of a human operating it, and the cds are the "story" of it. Check out some of the mp3s on their website here and download Titans Of Our Time, their best song in my opinion.

You're right that they are nothing spectacular, but they are good enough to actually buy a cd. That song was awesome though

@ Polaris: If you want to know of other cool bands go here and go from there. Most of the bands I started checking out were on that page.

I have followed them from the beginning and I really recommend their 2nd album "Unification" which is full of beautiful material. There's a great song on it which is for me the ultimate mix of Judas Priest and Iron Maiden:
"Deadly Sleep". But there's more. Check it out. Great stuff !

The debut album is also memorable (Thomen Stauch (ex-Blind Guardian) on drums) and the rest is also worth buying.

yeah, I know he just left recently, i didn't know their debut was from that long ago.  So he was a guest musician.

Onhell said:
yeah, I know he just left recently, i didn't know their debut was from that long ago.  So he was a guest musician.

The first Iron Savior album was recorded with 3 people. At the time, perhaps this album was seen as a project and I guess, Stauch was too busy with BG to be a fulltime member of IS, when band leader Piet Sielck decided to continue and play gigs. I wouldn't call him a guest musician though. It was a different line-up, that's all.

Back