Iron Maiden

How good is Iron Maiden on a scale of 1-10?

• Total voters
For me, it's the worst song of the album. It's a shame the same thing is repeated 3 times. Somewhat boring.

It's not, however, their worst song.

6\10

This song is really boring, and overplayed live. I don't know why the band has to play it live every single time. It's kinda catchy, so I'll give it 5/10.

2/10 I give it an extra point because it is a live staple and their signature song. But Eddie or not I don't like listening to it.

5/10. Album's weakest song, along with Charlotte the Harlot. It's simply boring and repetitive.

Fun song, always cool seeing Eddie come out to it.  Honestly I rarely listen to it, it is so overplayed, but still

7- This is less a song than it is an event.  As an event during the live show it's a clear 10.  As a song on the album it's a 7.  Fast but repetitive, it's just not awesome yet at the same time not being bad either.

Simple and catchy.Would be better if they added some variation after the drum solo part(which I love  :D) or at least change some of the lyrics.
The less good song on the album still sounds great live. 7/10

8/10 - a bit love it or hate it but why be so serious, a good balance of humour is nice and i think its partly that, that makes iron maiden so great. As above its not too be taken too seriously and should be grouped better with charlotte

9/10

More an iconic ritual than a song. In a study of Maiden's interlocking guitar parts, this would be one of the important early chapters.

Studio version of this song isn't that great, but I like the twin guitars on the track, and it's a fun song live. I'll give it a 7/10.

a simple balls to the wall song. Not every song has to be a long galloping epic. This one is short sweet to the point and still gets the job done.

I love it. I thought if people had been to a Concert they would see it has the goodnight farewell of the night. So that makes it even more special. I like it because not many artists have a track named the same as the band. Took some explaining to my youngest. Though a self-titled album is not as rare.

Of course, this song is not a masterpice, but it is not boring, and it is a great live moment. And, to my knowledge, it is the only song they have played during each of their concert, with no exception. I like it, and wouldn't like it to be suppressed from the setlist. 9/10.

Live, this song is great, on the album, it's just meh. I give it an 8, solely because of it's history and namesake.

I would honestly love to see this song dropped from the setlist. After 35 years as a band, I think they are beyond having to shout their name in song every night. I know it's a staple, but I'd be completely fine with them fighting Eddie using a different song.

Back