Iron Maiden video interviews / shows

I've said it before & I'll say it again: Dave is a great song-writer. I just wish he either brought more to the table or they used more of it. Also kinda sad not to see stuff he's penned on live setlists any more.

I think his stuff largely lands on the records. Harris said they'd been discarding McBrain inputs for some time but when Murray brings a song, quoting "once in a blue moon", it's a great track.

The next one will indeed be called Part Four, cover the entire '90-'17 era and be exactly 10 minutes in length. Most of which will be dedicated to Trooper beer and Ed Force One.

Hopefully. Maybe they will combine it with the tour next year? Legacy of the Beast with a lot of songs from Live at Donington.

I reckon it could be the new Live dvd in physical form bundled with part 4. Hence a digital only release at first (without part 4). A lot of fans would therefore buy it twice, just for the documentary when a dvd comes out

I hope I am just being cynical and wrong though!

Hopefully. Maybe they will combine it with the tour next year? Legacy of the Beast with a lot of songs from Live at Donington.
I imagine that'd actually be interesting, so I'm expecting the usual nostalgia set + maybe some "modern classics" i.e. The Wicker Man as an opener since there's no obvious pick for that (Aces High would be otherwise but I don't think Bruce is up for it anymore), Blood Brothers in the encore since it worked so well before, Brave New World because they were planning on playing it on the '16 leg anyway and Dance of Death since there's no obvious epic (I'm assuming they don't wanna dig out Rime again considering how lengthy it is) in the set. Maybe Coming Home if they feel like giving TFF some representation.

Do we have a list of songs included in the Legacy of the Beast soundtrack? I imagine that could give us some clues, if we wanna go down that road.

Actually, if I'm being honest, a set like

1. The Wicker Man
2. Brave New World
3. Revelations
4. Wrathchild
5. 2 Minutes to Midnight
6. New song??
7. Coming Home
8. The Trooper
9. Dance of Death
10. The Evil That Men Do
11. Fear of the Dark
12. Iron Maiden
----
13. The Number of the Beast
14. Blood Brothers
15. Running Free

would be pretty great for first timer like me, assuming there's a tour stop nearby. I mean, I'd prefer an album tour but it's sort of not up to me so yeah. The next best thing is probably a cover all bases type deal.

e: Few notes, I'm assuming they're gonna keep the 15-song format despite set length for Nicko and Bruce's sake. Even a one song reduction helps a lot, I imagine. 2MTM is kind of awkwardly placed but whatever. I'm also assuming they're not gonna resolve the HBTN issue in time for tour and Bruce will steer clear of attempting RTTH.

Back