Iron Maiden video interviews / shows

I'm puzzled. I Saw them three times on that tour, twice in october 1990 and then in sept. 1991, and I can't remember that. Do you know if it was also featured during the european leg ?

I'm puzzled. I Saw them three times on that tour, twice in october 1990 and then in sept. 1991, and I can't remember that. Do you know if it was also featured during the european leg ?

They did it in Germany at least that same year...This video also has a much better view of the coffin and the graveyard backdrop..

Maybe your memory is just very bad or perhaps it wasn't possible to fit the big Eddie in at some of the indoor gigs and you were just unlucky it happened to be three of those you attended.

There was a late French leg in 1991 which might have a different set. Which gigs did you see @harrisdevot ?
The two gigs at Le Zénith, Paris, oct. 1990, and one gig at Le Castellet (Le Bol d'Or) in late sept. 1991 during the second leg. I'm absolutely sure there wasn't any coffin during this gig: I was at the very front row and have very clear memories of the gig. For the first leg gigs, Le Zénith is a rather modest venue (6 000 to 7 000 seater), but the stage can accomodate this Eddie, so I must put the blame on my memory.

Here is one from Leiden, Holland, 2nd November 1990, two days later than the Le Zienith, Paris shows (according to the Iron Maiden commentary) so, don't know why they wouldn't have brought the coffin to the french shows....

It could well have been used in the 1990 French shows but perhaps not in the late 1991 leg, for whatever reason.

These are the last four gigs and the Roskilde Eddie is a walking Eddie!
Might have been the same with the Suiss gigs and final French one.

29 June 1991 - Roskilde, Festivalpladsen
5 September 1991 - Bern, Festhalle
6 September 1991 - Winterthur, Alt Stadt
21 September 1991 - Toulon, Circuit Paul Ricard

It could well have been used in the 1990 French shows but perhaps not in the late 1991 leg, for whatever reason.

It's just that harrisdevot said he went to both of the 1990 French shows and didn't remember it...but yeah could be bad memory too :p

As for Roskilde I think that's because it's a festival. They can't bring their full production usually. I remember in 2000 at Roskilde there was no angel cross prop during Sign of The Cross or any burning Wickerman or any of that....

He also said he went to the 1991 gig and that he's very sure about it.

The last three gigs also do not look like regular ones. Especially not the last one harris visited. And taking it out on the road for only three gigs might not have been very ideal, dunno.

Le Castellet (mentionned above as Toulon) was definetely not a "normal" gig. I remember the stage production was minimal (it was also the first and last time I went to an Iron Maiden concert and bought a ticket which didn't even mention the name of the band: they were a kind of side attraction to the motor race, and I assume anyone buying a ticket for the race could attend the gig). As for the 1990 Paris gigs, I was very much focused on Gers, who was the main attraction, but I feel embarassed to have forgotten the coffin. Anyway, Sixes and Foro, thank you both for the videos and for the information.

Do you say that because of the Metal Hammer stuff ? It has more to do with their 30th birthday, don't you think ? And Steve being ready to start a BL tour, he is more disposable for promo interviews I guess.

I don't know...the Book of Souls tour honestly looked like it went down a blast pretty much all over the world. I wouldn't be surprised if Steve genuinely feels really good doing what he does at the moment.

Do you say that because of the Metal Hammer stuff ? It has more to do with their 30th birthday, don't you think ? And Steve being ready to start a BL tour, he is more disposable for promo interviews I guess.

Hasn't Steve done more than one interview this week? Plus someone had a tipoff that a Birmingham tour date was going to be announced very soon

Interview with Bruce and Adrian, from 1999 (Ed Hunter Tour, Helsinki)!

Bruce Dickinson interview from 1984. The audio is really bad unluckily, some words are barely understandable, but the video is worth it. There are Maiden playing football and a chat with Bruce, about interesting things too, like his not being violent and reading the Bible :D

Last edited:

In my considered opinion, them boys are wired. Blew clean out of it. High as fuck.

In the first 4 mins sausages get a considerable mention, the Stones get a bad touch and around 7mins....well, theres a big rub of the nose from Bruce and the line "...Gucci, Armani, only pimps and wankers wear them..."

Top drawer stuff.

Back