IRON MAIDEN TO BRING THE STUNNING MAIDEN ENGLAND WORLD TOUR TO EUROPE IN 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remembering that Quest For Fire ("when dinosaurs walked the earth" & all that) includes Dave's "favourite" lead of all time, I'm starting to see this all pulling together into a really, really decent idea/theme...
Not of all time Cried, not of all time. Remember : it was his favourite solo at the very moment he gave this famous interview to a french magazine.
Memory like an elephant + great hability to find connections beetween apparently distant facts = you must be a terrible husband/friend to argue with.

After rewatching the RiR gig from a 1080i torrent i downloaded, i wouldnt complain to much at the mix. When i had me 5.1 speakers on it sounded alright at the second song. The performance was spot on as everyones already said, but the thing that stood out to me most was reading somewhere Maiden had to turn down the mics for the crowd. I watched the Avenged Sevenfold gig before it live (not got round to downloading it yet) and i remember thinking damn that crowd is loud, how louds it going to be for Maiden. Then the first 2 songs came and even though you could see the crowd going mental they werent coming through on the mix until around the third song. Which is when i assume they found the correct volume level for the crowd.

As lets face it, it was pretty much a hits set minus POTO and SSOASS so the crowd was always gonna sing along.

Well, usually at the concerts I've been most of the people sings all the songs or at least tries here in Mexico... I even sang the guitar parts of
SSOASS
and I wasn't alone.

That's hilarious. For a band of their status, it makes me so happy to see that Maiden still have no qualms about acting like a bunch of ridiculous twits.

Was there a problem at the show so they had to stop with the set while it was sorted out?

I remember him wanting to do that in London in 2006, but it never happened because there was a power outage.

Was there a problem at the show so they had to stop with the set while it was sorted out?
Yes. I believe the barrier between the stage and the band was compromised. They had to stop the show while security fixed it. Bruce was very cool with the crowd. They even got a Spanish speaking translator to let Bruce explain to the crowd what was happening. He kept reassuring the crowd that no one would die at a rock show! That's when he broke out into his drum solo... While they were keeping the crowd entertained. The entire show is on YouTube. The most interesting show I've seen so far since Bruce called out the idiot fan that pushed the girl around in Las Vegas!
You have to love YouTube... I was only able to attend the Houston show last year on the NA leg, but with YouTube, I've been able to collect over thirteen full shows on this tour alone. I can't get enough of this tour ! :)

Yes. I believe the barrier between the stage and the band was compromised. They had to stop the show while security fixed it. Bruce was very cool with the crowd. They even got a Spanish speaking translator to let Bruce explain to the crowd what was happening. He kept reassuring the crowd that no one would die at a rock show! That's when he broke out into his drum solo... While they were keeping the crowd entertained. The entire show is on YouTube. The most interesting show I've seen so far since Bruce called out the idiot fan that pushed the girl around in Las Vegas!
You have to love YouTube... I was only able to attend the Houston show last year on the NA leg, but with YouTube, I've been able to collect over thirteen full shows on this tour alone. I can't get enough of this tour ! :)

Also missing one of the greatest renditions of William Tell's Overture ;) haha

Also missing one of the greatest renditions of William Tell's Overture ;) haha
Oh yeah!.... It's really a gem of a show! What struck me the most is how serious the band take the well being of the fans... They understand how serious it is to have a couple of thousand people in a potentially fatal situation and they kept the fans calm and collected... It's always fun to see your favorite band taken out if it's comfort zone and just see how they react! The boys didn't dissapoint! Would be awesome to have pro shot footage! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back