Iron Maiden survey!

Hannah234

Prowler
Hi

I would be very grateful if you could take five minutes to answer some of these questions I have based on Iron Maidens marketing campaign for The Book Of Souls album

1. Did you pre-order the album after the announcement in June 2015?

2. What were your thoughts on the 27 second video posted in July with a short clip of on of their new songs? Did this encourage you to share the video, subscribe to them on YouTube etc? Did it make you more excited for the release?

3. What were your thoughts on the Speed of Light music video and the re-launch of their Youtube channel? Did this encourage you to vote in the video tournament on their Twitter and official website?

4. What were your thoughts on the Speed of Light video game? Was this a clever idea? Did this encourage you pre-order the album?

5. Did you pre-order the album via Amazon for the chance to be flown to Paris by Bruce Dickinson to visit the studio the album was recorded in? Did this opportunity encourage you to pre-order it? Did it encourage you to pre-order a second copy to perhaps give as a gift?

6. What did you think of the campaign overall and the build up to the album release?

Feel free to answer all or just a couple of these questions

I would be very grateful

Thank you

We're a suspicious, often surly bunch.

No

2. What were your thoughts on the 27 second video posted in July with a short clip of on of their new songs? Did this encourage you to share the video, subscribe to them on YouTube etc? Did it make you more excited for the release?

Excited, absolutely. The other stuff, no. I'm old.

3. What were your thoughts on the Speed of Light music video and the re-launch of their Youtube channel? Did this encourage you to vote in the video tournament on their Twitter and official website?

Video was fun. Wasn't aware that the other stuff existed.

4. What were your thoughts on the Speed of Light video game? Was this a clever idea? Did this encourage you pre-order the album?

Don't have an opinion on the game. I would have bought the album if I heard about it on my telegraph machine, or from the town crier.

5. Did you pre-order the album via Amazon for the chance to be flown to Paris by Bruce Dickinson to visit the studio the album was recorded in? Did this opportunity encourage you to pre-order it? Did it encourage you to pre-order a second copy to perhaps give as a gift?

No. Would have loved to have seen Bruce in Paris, but that wasn't practical.

6. What did you think of the campaign overall and the build up to the album release?

I bought into the hype, but then again, I am a fan boy.

1) No I did not pre-order the album after the announcement of a new album. I've never preordered any album though.

2) Not sure I remember the video in question but I might have shared it on forums and groups but not on social media like Facebook.

3) I really liked the Speed of Light video. I thought it was cleverly done with a lot of references to old Maiden. I remember even contacting the creator about his thoughts behind it. I did not vote in any video tournament. I must have missed that.

4) Fun game. I liked the art style but I only played it a handful of times. No it did not make me want to pre-order the album.

5) Nope

6) I have no real opinion on the campaign as a whole but the build up was pretty good - there was a lot of excitement about the album for sure.

1) No. I've never pre-ordered any album.

2) It did make me more excited for the release and I did share it with friends who were also into Maiden. Didn't share it on social media.

3) I thought the video was cool. There was a video tournament?

4) Played the video game a single time just to know what it was. Did not encourage me to pre-order the album, no.

5) Did not pre-order it, so no.

6) I thought we could have more than one song released into the public prior to the album's release. Didn't have to be a single, but Speed of Light as a sole teaser got old after the first two weeks or so, another track would've been good.

No

The clip nor the music did not make me more excited. I was not encouraged to share the vid and/or subscribe to the YT channel. My son was very intrigued by the vid though. It surely must have helped appreciating the music.

No.

Not that interested in it. No encouragement to pre-order.

No. (This question made me think there's some link to Amazon or some other commercial business the info might go to.)

No

The clip nor the music did not make me more excited. I was not encouraged to share the vid and/or subscribe to the YT channel. My son was very intrigued by the vid though. It surely must have helped appreciating the music.

No.

Not that interested in it. No encouragement to pre-order.

No. (This question made me think there's some link to Amazon or some other commercial business the info might go to.)
Thank you. In reference to number 5, there's honestly nothing to worry about. I'm nowhere near smart enough for anything like that

1) No. I've never pre-ordered any album.

2) It did make me more excited for the release and I did share it with friends who were also into Maiden. Didn't share it on social media.

3) I thought the video was cool. There was a video tournament?

4) Played the video game a single time just to know what it was. Did not encourage me to pre-order the album, no.

5) Did not pre-order it, so no.

6) I thought we could have more than one song released into the public prior to the album's release. Didn't have to be a single, but Speed of Light as a sole teaser got old after the first two weeks or so, another track would've been good.
Thank you!

1: No.

2: It was a great way to get me hyped.

3: Video was awesome, one of their best. The youtube channel looks great. Wasn't aware of a video tournament.

4: Totally forgot there was a game, so I guess it wasn't very remarkable. I think the video games based on music is a cool concept though.

5: Didn't know preordering had anything to do with that Paris trip.

6: I thought the marketing for this album was handled really well. They did a good job at maintaining the hype on the album for the 2 or 3 months before release.

1: No.

2: It was a great way to get me hyped.

3: Video was awesome, one of their best. The youtube channel looks great. Wasn't aware of a video tournament.

4: Totally forgot there was a game, so I guess it wasn't very remarkable. I think the video games based on music is a cool concept though.

5: Didn't know preordering had anything to do with that Paris trip.

6: I thought the marketing for this album was handled really well. They did a good job at maintaining the hype on the album for the 2 or 3 months before release.
Thank you!

Not right after the announcement but I did pre-order it.

I presume you mean sharing the video on FB? In that case, nope. I only use FB for messaging. I also don't subscribe to anything on YouTube. And of course I was excited about the video.

I liked the video and the YouTube channel but I didn't vote in the tournament, too busy with games here :p

Didn't play the game.

Nah, Amazon is expensive. I wouldn't have had money for the Paris trip anyway, so didn't care much about that.

It was cool

Not right after the announcement but I did pre-order it.

I presume you mean sharing the video on FB? In that case, nope. I only use FB for messaging. I also don't subscribe to anything on YouTube. And of course I was excited about the video.

I liked the video and the YouTube channel but I didn't vote in the tournament, too busy with games here :p

Didn't play the game.

Nah, Amazon is expensive. I wouldn't have had money for the Paris trip anyway, so didn't care much about that.

It was cool
Thank you!

We're a suspicious, often surly bunch.

No

Excited, absolutely. The other stuff, no. I'm old.

Video was fun. Wasn't aware that the other stuff existed.

Don't have an opinion on the game. I would have bought the album if I heard about it on my telegraph machine, or from the town crier.

No. Would have loved to have seen Bruce in Paris, but that wasn't practical.

I bought into the hype, but then again, I am a fan boy.
Thank you!

Back