Iron Maiden songs that you flat out dislike?

I think it's less "can't" and more "doesn't want to". Sure, it's a tough one to do with the lyrics and the melody being a bit at odds with one another, but he probably could do a decent job if he wanted to. I think he honestly just hates the song enough that it's not even up for consideration in modern setlists, probably because of the vocal parts being so awkward.

Yeah, that's probably also true. I imagine it's a combination of not wanting to do it and not having spectacular luck doing it in the past.

I always thought the vocal line (especially in the chorus) was a bit weird. Honestly, as a singer I would not be all that crazy about it either. We like the song because of the guitars and 'Arry's hard work (ain't it pretty tough to play this one on base?) but Bruce probably hears mainly the vocal lines and says "no way".

I think it's less "can't" and more "doesn't want to". Sure, it's a tough one to do with the lyrics and the melody being a bit at odds with one another, but he probably could do a decent job if he wanted to. I think he honestly just hates the song enough that it's not even up for consideration in modern setlists, probably because of the vocal parts being so awkward.

Bruce really hates CSiT? Too bad, I love it. :(

Think that Iron Maiden is so overrated song. I mean...It's punky, pretty shallow lyrics, musically-nothing special... Can't believe that they can't find some other way to bring Eddie on stage.
Also, dislike Running Free (and some others from the first record), Sun and Steel, Quest for Fire, Flash of the Blade, Deja Vu and Alexander the Great are musically perfect, but really can't stand the lyrics (in "Alexander", the way Bruce sang them doesn't fit with the music), 90's had a lot of bad songs (except X Factor album), and there are some faults on Dance of Death and Final Frontier (Wildest Dreams, Satellite 15...Final Frontier, Age of Innocence, New Frontier...).

Last edited:
I agree. Unfortunately, it's here to stay, because it's their signature song. Even though it sounds completely different from all the other tracks in any given concert. It is shallow. But Eddie always goes onstage during that track, and since they are Iron Maiden, Eddie can't go onstage during any other track, now can Eddie?

Can Eddie?

(I've been waiting forever to finally use that pun :ninja: )

Why do you think so?

Well, because of the "lazy" vocal line that sounds a bit off even in the studio, combined with the repetitiveness and the "oh" right after makes it a weak chorus, IMHO.

Repetitiveness might work in many ways - the result might be epic (SSOASS), plaintive (BTATS), emphasising and working with nuances (FTGGOG), sound like a call and an answer (BNW), be rousing (The Wicker Man), simply work as a measure, as if to keep a beat (ATSS), trying to find out different ways to say the same (TAATG) or be just mind-numbing (DLTTEOAS). CSIT, with that melody and that randy roebuck "oooh" right after sounds like he's on a bender. An interesting experience, sure, but not necessarily a pleasant one.

Last edited:
Would not be surprised if Bruce isn't fond of CSIT (or other songs from that album). It is a hard song to sing and it also wasn't a great time for him in the band. Not much of a stretch.

Would not be surprised if Bruce isn't fond of CSIT (or other songs from that album). It is a hard song to sing and it also wasn't a great time for him in the band. Not much of a stretch.

So all this about Bruce not liking CSiT is just people people imagining it. No actual evidence presented. And based on his incredible vocal performance on the 2016 tour, there's no reason to think Bruce "can't sing CSiT". Utter nonsense. But this is a fan site, so it's 99% nonsense. :)

Last edited:
Bruce did voice some concerns about singing "CSIT" live but it was specifically about the heavy lightbulb-bearing jacket he had to wear during this song (and which used to run out of juice before the end of the song), not about the song itself. I am quite sure this can be found in the documentary on the Maiden England DVD (the recent one, not 12WY) .

Back