1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Iron Maiden songs – a rough overview of their “live history”

Discussion in 'Commentary Discussion' started by Forostar, Jan 24, 2008.

1. Forostar

Forostar Conjure the Death Star again

Updated!

@Mosh who knows, but as long as there's no trace, I'd say: probably not, but you can never tell.

edit:
    @lira Now that I am reading Adrian's statement again, he could have also meant that it dropped from the setlist during rehearsals.

2. Collin

Collin Jambi

Setlist Rehearsals seem more likely IMO. But who knows. I'll assume no one from this forum was at either of those shows to confirm.

Edit: I've been doing some research for the greater part of the night and was unable to find anything from the first two shows. I did however find some stuff on youtube from the third show which is pretty cool. This is a bigger mystery than why they chose not to play ATG!

Last edited: Jul 25, 2017
  3. srfc

srfc Nomad

I have a flexi disc that came free with Metal Hammer around the time of Donington 92 containing an interview with Steve and Bruce I think, it's been a long time since I listened to it. Steve mentions the Fugitive as a potential track that might be in the set. Maybe they rehearsed it and it didn't work out.

4. Mosh

Mosh The years just pass like trains Staff Member

My guess would be The Fugitive and possibly Judas Be My Guide.

5. Mosh

Mosh The years just pass like trains Staff Member

Also, I'd say it's fairly possible that Maiden have those first two Powerslave shows recorded since they had a film crew with them on the tour for the doc.

Collin likes this.
  6. lira

lira Nomad

I believe it's pretty straight. The guy asked if Adrian had a particular song he wrote and performed. Performance is live and Setlist is a list exclusively used in a live act (set).
    So if Adrian said they dropped something from the set, is because they've played it live. Otherwise he would say they rehearsed "Back In the Village" but they didn't opt for it.

7. lira

lira Nomad

At the time they released FOTD I remember an interview with Steve in a brazilian mag, where he said Chains of Misery could be a potential single.

8. Forostar

Forostar Conjure the Death Star again

Thanks Lira! I agree with most you said apart from this; setlist is not always a list exclusively used in a live set. It can also be used before that live set (a tour (or separate performance)) has started. But in this particular context, you could be right.