Iron Maiden Rock In Rio 2013

Nice! (If it's true)

While i would not be able to go there, I have a feeling that concert would get released on DVD at some point. I'm super excited for the Final Frontier DVD we're supposed to be getting (and please release Maiden England ffs!)

The only question is what is the next tour going to consist of? This estimated 2012-2013 tour... I believe will be classics, as hinted at by Bruce himself back in whatever interview that was.

I always hate the wait time between tours... When will we officially hear something from the band themselves? Probably not until spring 2012...

So maybe my thread from almost a year ago wasn't so crazy after all. Iron Maiden has posted this on there Facebook page "IRON MAIDEN have confirmed that they will close the show at the incredible 2013 Rock in Rio, Brazil, headlining the final night on 22 Sept - and they expect to go out with a bang!" Unfortunately I've heard Rio is quite dangerous for Americans so there's no way I'll be going. I'm hoping if they choose to stay with Maiden England they bring back the stuff from the original tour that got removed.

Watching this at the moment. The video and audio is pretty good quality. Didn't realise it rained during the concert which is surprising since it's summer in Brazil. Also for some reason they used the TFF backdrop for NOTB.

20220206_014056.jpg

Last edited:
Watching this at the moment. The video and audio is pretty good quality. Didn't realise it rained during the concert which is surprising since it's summer in Brazil. Also for some reason they used the TFF backdrop for NOTB.
Yeah, it was a strange decision. I guess they used it because TFF album was their recent album at the time and it looks cool. They could have used the cover of ''The Number Of The Beast'' single too (the only title track released as a regular single, btw) - this cover was only used as a backdrop for the song in 1990/1991.

About the audio, it could have been better. For example, it's a pity that you can't hear Adrian's great solo in ''The Prisoner'' loud enough. The audio for Rock In Rio 2019 live stream was much better.

About the audio, it could have been better. For example, it's a pity that you can't hear Adrian's great solo in ''The Prisoner'' loud enough.
Nicko's kick drum is completely missing from the mix aside from ATSS where it sounds as if the uploader has added fake drums in post.

Back