Iron Maiden News, Links, and Interviews

Re: Janick to guest on MTV2's Headbanger's Ball

Watched this this morning, not a lot of Janick, mainly introddicing the videos, they showed Flight of Icarus, Final Frontier, Holy Smoke, Benjamin Breeg, and Wickerman videos, surrounded by a few horrible videos/songs by other bands. 

There is a double page interview with bruce dickinson in the sun today. I will try and scan it and post it later but for now i will just post a few parts.

"Our backstage rider is just bread, butter and a tin of tuna... If people come back looking for a spread we say 'make yourself a sarnie"

100m Albums sold worldwide
15 studio albums released
13 countries where new album is number one
1.93m fans played to on last world tour
1 no1 single - bring your daughter to the slaughter- 1991

" We would never do a TV show like x factor and we would never play glastonbury. I cannot stand x factor "

" I've been offered all sorts of reality TV. One guy offered me a programme which involved me having my poo examined "

" The 90's was an unusual period, it was a dark time for maiden "

" We will be back to tour this album and after that we should be looking at a big resume tour- an unashamed tour with all the greatest hits "

" So we'll carry on as ong as we're having fun. You may as well go down doing something you love "

"Their latest album sleeve features a backlit picture of the band, presumably so as not to scare the kids."  :lol:

Also, I didn't realise some of the band live in such exotic locations!

Thanks for the post, might venture out and get the paper for my records!

A Bruce quote from the article......." I can't stand 'X-Factor' "  :lol:

Incidentally, the album sales claim is too high.  At best Miaden have shipoped a still stagerring 80 million albums.  You'd have to add in all other non-album units to get to 100 million.

Willie-Orwontee said:
"Their latest album sleeve features a backlit picture of the band, presumably so as not to scare the kids."  :lol:

Also, I didn't realise some of the band live in such exotic locations!

Thanks for the post, might venture out and get the paper for my records!

Yeah, I was surprised to learn that Dave and Nicko have lived in the states for years--didn't know that tidbit about Steve in the bahamas, either. 

Jed said:
Yeah, I was surprised to learn that Dave and Nicko have lived in the states for years--didn't know that tidbit about Steve in the bahamas, either.  

Dave lives in Hawaii and Nicko in Florida, IIRC.  But what's this about Steve and the Bahamas?

nibblet said:
A Bruce quote from the article......." I can't stand 'X-Factor' "  :lol:

Incidentally, the album sales claim is too high.  At best Miaden have shipoped a still stagerring 80 million albums.  You'd have to add in all other non-album units to get to 100 million.

For a long time, Wikipedia stated that Iron Maiden had sold 100 million albums, citing some obscure blog that was written by a Maiden fan.  They may have gotten it from that.

Jeffmetal said:
I love it, Alex! In fact, AMOLAD is my least fave Maiden album, although it contains 4 classics. The Final Frontier is the mature stage of what begun on AMOLAD (some say it began even before). Every song has its own life and there's the palette of colours that monochromatic AMOLAD just hasn't, even if on purpose. The environment the band recorded the album also played a great deal to make the band shine throughout the album; amongst the last 4 Maiden album, it's only below BNW musically, and production wise it's quite there with BNW.

Thanks for your reply, I am currently listened to the album for the fifth time and hopefully come back with an opinion after a few more listening.
Man...I love this album! :edmetal: :shred: :wub:

P.S. I really think it's at least on the same level as BNW.

Back