Iron Maiden News, Links, and Interviews

"...and I made sure we got a great logo and that we would stick with it," - Steve Harris
The whole interview is illuminating in many respects. It gives several keys to his stubborn attitude. I absolutely love what he says about Ian Anderson, and I understand better his more-than-patient attitude towards his own fans.

According to that article, more than half of the UK tour gigs are sold out.

Nottingham Motorpoint Arena – Thu 4th - SOLD OUT
Manchester Arena – Mon 8th
Sheffield Arena – Wed 10th
Leeds First Direct Arena – Thu 11th
Newcastle Metro Radio Arena – Sun 14th

Glasgow SSE Hydro – Tue 16th - SOLD OUT
Aberdeen GE Arena – Wed 17th
Liverpool Echo Arena – Sat 20th - SOLD OUT
Birmingham Barclaycard Arena – Sun 21st - SOLD OUT
Cardiff Motorpoint Arena – Wed 24th - SOLD OUT
London O2 Arena – Sat 27th - SOLD OUT
London O2 Arena – Sun 28th - SOLD OUT

The Maiden site does not show that. It's all on sale. Odd, I thought these matters were kept up to date.

Last edited:
I wasn't aware of that. They've been promoting the Manchester, Leeds, Newcastle and Sheffield gigs on social media recently, which made me think sales for those weren't doing so well.

Lets just hope that Bruce's performances (apart from the Frankfurt nights) are like this because he has cold or something. Like I said before I think a new album would give them all again fresh wind in the sails. IMHO they should also cut down on touring (55 concerts per year with EF one, so they reach all of the territories) and record as much new music as possible. The concerts would be: 10 South America 15 north America, 10 Asia and Oceania and 20 Europe.

The problem they face is that the demand for Maiden shows is so high that finding a right balance in terms of the number of gigs played is quite difficult. If Rod is not careful he could kill the goose that lays the golden eggs though...

I'm never too sure how much is Rod and how much is Steve/the rest of the guys, for all Rod's reputation.

Considering Nicko's previous statements, I wonder if this means Steve would be open to the idea of continuing with a replacement drummer if Nicko decides to call it quits before the rest of the band is ready to do the same (which I think is pretty likely considering the age difference in play). Before I might've called it very unlikely, but after this interview I'm not so sure anymore.

Considering Nicko's previous statements, I wonder if this means Steve would be open to the idea of continuing with a replacement drummer if Nicko decides to call it quits before the rest of the band is ready to do the same (which I think is pretty likely considering the age difference in play). Before I might've called it very unlikely, but after this interview I'm not so sure anymore.
Drummer is the last problem...

The Maiden site does not show that. It's all on sale. Odd, I thought these matters were kept up to date.
They're not up to date. Sheffield is the weakest selling gig. All others are quite close to a sell out. It needs to be said they are playing more people this year than last time in UK (2011).

They're not up to date. Sheffield is the weakest selling gig. All others are quite close to a sell out. It needs to be said they are playing more people this year than last time in UK (2011).

The 2017 tour is definitely going to be their most successful UK tour ever...

Yes, it was also taken down in The Sun's page which is said to also have had an article on it. If true, it is extra interesting for us since a Beckett member came on this forum to talk about it some years back.

Yes, it was also taken down in The Sun's page which is said to also have had an article on it. If true, it is extra interesting for us since a Beckett member came on this forum to talk about it some years back.

Funnily enough, the guy allegedly suing them had nothing to do with Beckett... :confused:

Difficult to know from the original piece published by The Sun (unsurprisingly, considering the quality of that tabloid).
"Music mogul Barry McKay... says he owns the copyright". I assume this means the copyright of Lying In My Shadow by Brian Quinn or Life's Shadow by Beckett; or both. I don't know anything about Beckett; was Brian Quinn in Beckett?

"Music mogul Barry McKay... says he owns the copyright". I assume this means the copyright of Lying In My Shadow by Brian Quinn or Life's Shadow by Beckett; or both. I don't know anything about Beckett; was Brian Quinn in Beckett?
Nope, don't believe so. As far as I know he has nothing to do with Beckett.

I was in contact with Beckett's last bass player and original (as far as recordings go) drummer via email years ago- both great guys. Their album is still one of my all-time faves.

Back