1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

IRON MAIDEN ALBUMS SURVIVOR: POWERSLAVE WINS

Discussion in 'Forum Games' started by Mosh, Aug 3, 2016.

?

Satisfied?

1. Yes

53.8%
  2. No

26.9%
  3. CriedWhenSITWasEliminated

19.2%
  1. Stardust

Stardust A Blue Sector Mirage

:stupid: ...but I don't think that's what @mckindog meant. He probably accidently used Caps Lock on "days".

2. Forostar

Forostar Conjure the Death Star again

You might have misunderstood me.

First of all, I'm not just talking about individual appreciation. The outcome of this game is a collective effort. The collective result led me to these musings.

I'm addressing the fact that the non-Bruce/Adrian stuff is fairing worse compared to the last time we did this game. It's not just that the Bruce and Adrian stuff fares well. It has an impact. It fares so "well", that it looks like a larger group of members out here are so focused on that stuff, that they appreciate the rest less and less. So, I'm not just talking about "something" "happening" like you do. I see an evolving pattern, as if this forum is going back in time: less and less appreciation for the non-Bruce/Adrian material. For a while, I thought there was a more positive development for "2nd" rate Maiden. It seemed logical: at some point people could get more used to their non-ideal Maiden, at some point people could appreciate material out of Bruce/Adrian context. But alas, we're going downhill again.
    Exactly. Get off that eternal Bruce/Adrian road. It's getting too crowded there.

3. Whooten

Whooten Educated Fool

For some reason I really started to appreciate Virtual XI over the past year, but I still cannot stand X Factor.

4. Mosh

Mosh The years just pass like trains Staff Member

My favorite albums are the ones with Bruce and Adrian. They're not always the reason those albums are great, SIT for example works in spite of Bruce and I thought Adrian's presence on TBOS was a bit less than usual.

5. MrKnickerbocker

MrKnickerbocker clap hands

Bruce and Adrian are my favorite songwriters in the band. Thus, I like the albums with them because I prefer their songs. My preferences have nothing to do with trains, bandwagons, or sheep.

6. Mosh

Stop your bleating!

7. MrKnickerbocker

MrKnickerbocker clap hands

8. SixesAlltheway

SixesAlltheway Yacht Rock

I'm glad personally that Somewhere In Time was knocked off the throne ('bout time! good job Maidenfans) it's been sitting there for two years...Powerslave is a worthy winner. It has all of the qualities I look for in Maiden :)

Dr. Eddies Wingman likes this.
  9. Forostar

Forostar Conjure the Death Star again

Can't be dissatisfied by the number one either! tWas my number one for years and it has the biggest amount of songs from my top 10: Rime, Powerslave and The Duellists.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2016
  10. Niall Kielt

Niall Kielt Pulled Her At The Bottle Top

I firmly stand by my statement....

I already used the word 'musings' in this discussion, get your own material :nonono:

I get your point and agree that its desirable on a forum like this (Hardcore Fans) to have healthy appreciation for the '2nd rate' stuff (if we don't who will?!) and I personally do but when it comes to a game like this I cant see the likes of X Factor ever beating the likes of Powerslave or 7th Son. Doesn't mean people don't appreciate these 'lesser' albums.
    Like, if No Prayer, FOTD and VXI were the Top 3 I would think voters were takin the piss!

I take you point about the trend, I wasn't looking at it that way. Its interesting if there is such a trend, I like the Blaze stuff more as time goes by.

11. The Flash

The Flash Dennis Wilcock did 9/11

2nd best album won. CriedWhenSITWasEliminated though.

12. Yes, same sentiment here. I kept trying to get rid of SIT, but it just wouldn't go soon enough.

Well, that's not true. NOB would be the most well known hits album and that didn't get that high here.

AMOLD isn't classic and isn't that well known. And we have several Second coming of Bruce albums ranked highly. What's this about classics?

I actually feel that some people downgrade a song BECAUSE it is seen as a hit, seen as overplayed at concerts etc. It's that Metal thing where fans get worried if their band is too popular or if a song is too commercial or whatnot. Sometimes Metal fans can have very limited appreciation, and get too worried about what others think. Anyways, it is what it is. We pick what we like.
    X Factor lasted way longer than it should have. I should have been second or third out.

It's an OK album, I'm quite fond of it, but it doesn't compare favourably to several other Maiden albums. I'm actually quite surprised how many people on this forum rank it in their top two.

SixesAlltheway likes this.
  13. Dr. Eddies Wingman

Dr. Eddies Wingman Brighter than thousand_suns

No, that's what other bands make.

14. CriedWhenBrucieLeft

CriedWhenBrucieLeft Ancient Mariner

Why is my name being openly mocked in the vote options? Very disrespectful...

SixesAlltheway likes this.
  15. Stardust

Stardust A Blue Sector Mirage

CriedWhenBrucieLeftCriedWhenMoshMadeAMockeryOfHisName?

Nah...that's too long. JUST LIKE BUCKETHEAD'S DISCOGRAPHY.

:p

16. CriedWhenBrucieLeft

CriedWhenBrucieLeft Ancient Mariner

He hasn't put out anything for six months. It's like a mini-crisis for some fans.

Collin likes this.
  17. Mosh

In Buckethead time that's pretty much the same as the wait between Metallica albums.

CriedWhenBrucieLeft likes this.
  18. Collin

Collin Jambi

Or Tool...

19. Mosh

I said the wait between albums, not the wait for an album that will never get made. :D

20. Collin

Collin Jambi

In my opinion.. it's already done. They're just being dicks. :p