Iron Maiden Album Survivor Tiebreaker

vote for your LEAST favorite album

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mosh

PM me your Judas Priest album rankings!
Staff member
We have a tie! Vote for your least favorite.

I love both albums, but I prefer 'Dance of Death'. Either way I'll be voting without feelings for the rest of the survivor.

I must say this forum makes me listen to some songs/albums that I haven't listened in years. About month or two ago it was Dance of Death and I was surprised how much I like(d) that album. With this survivor thread I decided to listen to X Factor, but after first two songs I switched to Sign of the Cross (Rock in Rio version), Lord of the Flies (Death on the Road version) and then just switched to listening to whole Death on the Road. So this one is no-brainer: X Factor goes, Dance of Death stays (at least for one round more).

Dance of Death is a half baken album.
TXF, excellent but underrated. Might lose because of line-up bias.

Last edited:
They are pretty close in quality for me. It's actually a really tough choice. DoD offers more variety and is more accessible while X has a bit more consistency and is a very rewarding experience when I'm in the right mood.

Dance of Death.

If I had it my way, The X Factor would win this survivor.

I legitimately like Blaze, but I just cannot get into TXF - it's too long, too structurally repetitive, and too depressing. It's only saving grace is that it's better than Killers.

Reactions: RTC
When The X-Factor came out it was heavily criticized for its length and lengthy intros. The same stuff people raved about (were positive(!) about) some years later on stuff from e.g. Opeth. Around that time that kind of music was more widely accepted. Maiden was a bit early with such a record. And now it is valued more than in the mid nineties. While they might (not) agree with what I say both Flash and Knick are Opeth fans.

I like The X Factor anyway. And its depressiveness is a major reason why. Love the atmosphere despite the lacklustre production.

Fyi, Opeth's debut record came out before The X Factor did.

A lot of songs on X-Factor come and go without leaving much of an impact. Look For The Truth is awful also, worse than the worst off DoD (probably Gates).

But Edge of Darkness is awesome, Sign Of The Cross is awesome, and Blood On The World's Hands and Lord Of The Flies are pretty good too.

Back