Iron Maiden studio album 17 rumours and speculations

Status
Not open for further replies.
I expect him to spend the break between future Maiden stuff with book promotion.

I'm sure once Maiden retire you'll start seeing live albums/videos from throughout their career. They have such a tight schedule with tours and releases that it's hard to find room for something else without taking away from what they're currently working on. When the band is no longer touring that won't be an issue anymore.

It would be cool, though expensive, to see an Eddie's Vault type of thing where they release all that stuff at once. But then there's merit in releasing it bit by bit over the coming years to still give us things to look forward to after Maiden calls it quits. But I am getting old so I want it all now!:p

Well, bookstores by day, nearby arenas by night? I could see it happening. Hell, there will probably be stacks of the book at every gig for the next 5 years.

I reckon Maiden are gonna pull a big surprise on everyone.

They've talked a lot in recent times about not getting any younger and wanting to do a new record so a non album tour next year doesn't make sense to me, unless it's a history tour. A legacy of the beast tour just doesn't sound like something they would do as it's just a cabaret tour of greatest hits and so soon after the BOS tour.

No I reckon out of the blue they will surprise everyone and towards the end of this year they'll announce the next album which will drop very early 2018. Then any tour next year will be for that.

They've talked a lot in recent times about not getting any younger and wanting to do a new record so a non album tour next year doesn't make sense to me, unless it's a history tour. A legacy of the beast tour just doesn't sound like something they would do as it's just a cabaret tour of greatest hits and so soon after the BOS tour.

No I reckon out of the blue they will surprise everyone and towards the end of this year they'll announce the next album which will drop very early 2018. Then any tour next year will be for that.

What if they released a new album this year? First time since BNW we had a new album two years after the last one.

What if they released a new album this year? First time since BNW we had a new album two years after the last one.

Well that was my thoughts too. Either late this year or an announcement near xmas saying it's out in Jan. Either way I think a new album is only round the corner and more likely than a legacy of the beast tour.

Well that was my thoughts too. Either late this year or an announcement near xmas saying it's out in Jan. Either way I think a new album is only round the corner and more likely than a legacy of the beast tour.

Legacy of the Beast tour will not happen.

I really hope you are right. I hope we can get a lot of new music before they call it a day.

I really do hope you're right.

I'm also thinking back to one of the FC mags towards the end of the Maiden England tour, where Rod mentioned that promoters love the retro-themed summer Euro festival tours, and that they might think of an excuse to celebrate another old album again.

Since next year will be POM's 35th, I wonder if they'll go that route?

I'd still put my money on a new album sooner rather than later. While a 'hits' tour isn't impossible, what about that as a build up to a new album release?

I really do hope you're right.

I'm also thinking back to one of the FC mags towards the end of the Maiden England tour, where Rod mentioned that promoters love the retro-themed summer Euro festival tours, and that they might think of an excuse to celebrate another old album again.

Since next year will be POM's 35th, I wonder if they'll go that route?

Hope not. No matter how much I love any 80s album, I don't really want to hear it at 0.75 speed.

Old Percy Harris said in that British Lion interview recently that he thought Maiden took too much time off. That really pleased me. So he is keen and Bruce is a demon in terms of energy, it all points to a short hiatus. The only question is, I think; Legacy tour or album first? Either way, I'd bet my granny's balls that they will be on the road and in yer face by April/May next year.

Fear of the 90's Word Tour Press Release

Iron Maiden confirms yet another history tour. This time the band will embark on a tour to celebrate their unsung material released during the period 1990-1998. As a special treat to the fans of the era, Adrian Smith have agreed to depart from the live lineup until next album tour. The band will focus on songs of the four albums from the era, No Prayer for the Dying, Fear of the Dark, The X Factor and Virtual XI, and will see the band perform at the same venues as they did during The X Factour. The tour will see the return of classics such as The Angel and the Gambler, Bring Your Daughter and Weekend Warrior. As a special guest, Blaze Bayley will return to the stage to forget all the lyrics from the studio albums he recorded with the band. One lucky fan will be screamed at each night by the end of The Trooper.

Support on the trek will come from none other than As Lions, which features Austin Dickinson as their lead singer.

Last edited:
As a special treat to the fans of the era, Adrian Smith have agreed to depart from the live lineup until next album tour.

I didn't know Maiden hired Swedes to write their press releases these days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back