1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Iron Maiden 2018 album/tour rumours

Discussion in 'Maiden Chat' started by matic22, Jul 25, 2017.

1. Travis The Dragon

Travis The Dragon The dreamers may die, but the dreams live on.

If more SIT songs were going to happen, it probably would have been on the Somewhere Back In Time tour. I wouldn't be surprised if they discussed having Caught Somewhere In Time for the encore because that would have made more sense instead of Moonchild.

2. Travis The Dragon

Travis The Dragon The dreamers may die, but the dreams live on.

Hmmmmmm, nothing else about an official live release since that one article I posted. You'd think other sources would have reported on it.

3. Lego

Lego Shadows in the stars, we will not return!

I think part of the reason Moonchild made an appearance is that originally the plan was to release Maiden England at the end of the SBIT tour- it was only after they realized how well the tour did that they decided to add an actual Maiden England tour. It's a shame they didn't plan it this way from the beginning, because that would have left room for more SIT and Piece of Mind tunes in 2008-09!

4. Wayne Bond

Wayne Bond Nomad

The reason for set list choices comes down to three simple things:

1) songs they like
    2) songs they know how to play or are not too troublesome to relearn
    3) songs that Bruce can sing well

I know we all like to speculate as to why they choose or don't choose to play certain songs but in the end it's all rather simple why we get the set lists we do.

All the players in Maiden are skilled musicians so if they really wanted to they could easily re learn any song from their catalogue that they haven't played in a while but it comes down to laziness, songs they already know will get the crowd going plus how it would sound live with Bruce's voice and that's it.

When they pretty much sell out every venue they play at these days why put loads of effort in re learning a song that hadn't been played in yonks if not at all as likely most of the crowd are probably casuals anyway and want the regular tunes and even the hardcore moaning about same old set lists are still there having bought a ticket anyway. Plus they play a ton of new stuff from the latest album which they say appeases the hardcore as its all new live stuff but at the same time it's easy for them to play anything off the latest album as they've just spent months recording it so it's all fresh and easy to play.

soundwave likes this.
  5. GhostofCain

GhostofCain Ancient Mariner

From 1999 to 2017 there are a significant number of songs they had not played in a while that were played. In some cases "in a while" was 7 years (e.g. Children of the Damned and Powerslave on the TBOS tour), in others it was much longer than that.

At the end of the day, people will find a reason to moan whatever they do.

Hermod likes this.
  6. soundwave

soundwave Educated Fool

I think the only real way that deep/never-been-played-before cuts will ever make it into the setlist is if Steve has a sudden urge to cross something off of his 'artistic bucket list' or if Rod has an idea to monetize it.

With 16 albums, the propensity to push the new material, and having at least a dozen (if not more) songs that are/have been considered 'classics' at some point, there is really no set list real estate to put in something like 'Sun and Steel' or 'Run Silent, Run Deep'. I still hold out hope that Rod will push for a 'rarities' concert to push some DVD sales near the end of the band's final run.

Lego likes this.