Iron Maiden studio album 17 rumours and speculations

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are some rumours on the official Maiden website regarding a gig in Barcelona in late Spring, as well as shows in Malaga (no mention about when) and Tenerife (early August). The Barcelona gig would allegedly be at Palau Sant Jordi, which does not seem to suggest a gig supported by Judas Priest and Ghost.
Well, maybe multiple dates could work.

There are some rumours on the official Maiden website regarding a gig in Barcelona in late Spring, as well as shows in Malaga (no mention about when) and Tenerife (early August). The Barcelona gig would allegedly be at Palau Sant Jordi, which does not seem to suggest a gig supported by Judas Priest and Ghost.
Care to comment @Diplomat ?

Whenever I think about next year there is one sentence in my head: ''There will be a surprise from Maiden next year.''.
Davey said that recently.

As do I. Ever since the countdown to the massively underwhelming Primal Rock Rebellion announcement I've treated Maiden surprises with a great deal of skepticism.

I suspect it'll be a fairly underwhelming surprise.

yeah, the surprise this tour was Children of the Damned.... it's a great song but it's not like it hasn't been played multiple tours... Powerslave was a bigger surprise honestly. I thought it went to the grave after SBIT in 2008-2009

I've been corrected on that one, multiple tours but really a low amount of shows. We're talking dates for Clive, AMOLAD 2nd leg and SBiT 2nd leg. Powerslave, until TBOS, was featured on three full legs (EHT, SBiT 1/2)

yeah, the surprise this tour was Children of the Damned.... it's a great song but it's not like it hasn't been played multiple tours... Powerslave was a bigger surprise honestly. I thought it went to the grave after SBIT in 2008-2009

Powerslave was a bigger surprise indeed, I thought it would be played again, but not on an album tour. COTD is a cool song and I hope they continue the trend of featuring one of the less played TNOTB songs (COTD, Prisoner and 22AA) instead of the overplayed ones (TNOTB, RTTH). Hallowed should be played again if the court case is resolved.

Never considered Powerslave as severely underplayed so its inclusion comes as a surprise. The song hasn't been touched mid 80s to mid 90s, but since then we have pro footage fairly frequently, Bruce solo, early 'reunion', mid-late 2000s and recent. Even if you disregard Bruce version, you can clearly see "evolution" of live Powerslave renditions throughout the years.

Fun fact is that Powerslave solo is the Maiden one to end up on some list. You can count on it being in top 10, together with Mr. Crowley, Tornado Of Souls and Floods.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back