1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Iron Maiden 1st time in countries + the states (of America)

Discussion in 'Commentary Discussion' started by Forostar, Mar 4, 2016.

?

In Which U.S. state(s) have you seen Iron Maiden?

1. Alabama

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Arizona

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Arkansas

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. California

27.8%
  5. Colorado

5.6%
  6. Connecticut

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Florida

5.6%
  8. Georgia

5.6%
  9. Hawaii

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. Idaho

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  11. Illinois

16.7%
  12. Indiana

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  13. Iowa

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  14. Kansas

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  15. Kentucky

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  16. Louisiana

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  17. Maine

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  18. Maryland

11.1%
  19. Massachusetts

11.1%
  20. Michigan

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  21. Minnesota

5.6%
  22. Mississippi

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  23. Missouri

5.6%
  24. Nebraska

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  25. Nevada

38.9%
  26. New Jersey

11.1%
  27. New Mexico

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  28. New York

16.7%
  29. North Carolina

11.1%
  30. North Dakota

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  31. Ohio

5.6%
  32. Oklahoma

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  33. Oregon

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  34. Pennsylvania

5.6%
  35. Rhode Island

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  36. South Carolina

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  37. Tennessee

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  38. Texas

11.1%
  39. Utah

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  40. Virginia

11.1%
  41. Washington

11.1%
  42. West Virginia

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  43. Wisconsin

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  44. Wyoming

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Brigantium

Brigantium Work Geordie for hire Staff Member

And no UK dates :p

Collin likes this.
  2. The Mid-Distance Runner

The Mid-Distance Runner Climb like a lemur!!

Wilmington is the largest city in Delaware and it is only a 19 minute train journey from downtown to central Philadelphia which also means it's about a 2 minute flight on Ed Force One. The band could do a daytime matinee in Wilmington and have a dozen Trooper Ales before performing in Philly the same evening.

Maryland, 1987. But I have seen Maiden on three continents...Australia, Europe and North America.

3. Forostar

Forostar Conjure the Death Star again

Landover or Baltimore?

In other words: have you seen Sea of Madness or not?!

4. Dityn DJ James

Dityn DJ James A coma stole my name.

Still surprised they played in Alabama, in 1982 haha.

Forostar likes this.
  5. The Mid-Distance Runner

The Mid-Distance Runner Climb like a lemur!!

Landover so no Sea of Madness, it stills hurts me to this day. When the backdrop of the the ship appeared I thought they were going to play Alexander The Great but I was actually relieved it was for Rime Of The Ancient Mariner. Wish it was Alex now.

6. Forostar

Huh. Landover did have Sea of Madness in the setlist, and Baltimore did not, according to some sources on the net. Maiden played Sea of Madness in the beginning of the North American leg and then dropped it.

EDIT:
    Wait a minute!! I just found out about some annoying inconsistencies on the Maiden Commentary. The setlists of the first two gigs from North America do list Sea of Madness, but the pictures (back covers) do not! Hmm, looks like this song was dropped in the Atlantic when they crossed it ....

Last edited: Mar 8, 2016
  7. terrell39

terrell39 Ancient Mariner

Houston has 2.2 million people in Texas (the 2nd most populous state in US) and yet Texas was skipped on AMOLAD and TBOS tours. So it is not just about population as much as finding a promoter (I would assume...don't know that much about the insides of the music biz).

8. MrKnickerbocker

MrKnickerbocker clap hands

Oh, it's about a lot more than just population for sure (travel plans, best deals with venues, previous ticket sales in the region, etc), but I think places with a very small population are far less likely to see a big concert swing through their town.

terrell39 likes this.
  9. Collin

Collin Jambi

Definitely true. The city where I live Spokane, WA has a small population (300,000) compared to other cities. The biggest concerts we had in the last few years were Kiss and the Eagles. This city has a big metal scene too. If Maiden were to come here then they would Definitely sell out our Arena which seats about 13,500.

10. Forostar

Hmm. Apart from the obvious Nevada (hence the recent meet), there's no state with more than two different people.

11. Mosh

Mosh The years just pass like trains Staff Member

Makes sense, the US forum members are a bit spread out geographically.

I'm surprised there aren't more votes for California. Maybe you'll see more there (and perhaps Colorado) after this year.

12. MrKnickerbocker

MrKnickerbocker clap hands

I know there's a few of us in IL, too, so it's weird that there aren't more votes for it. Lack of poll knowledge?

13. Forostar

Yeah who knows. We could tag them (perhaps after the Chicago meet).

14. JudasMyGuide

JudasMyGuide Domini canis

My knowledge of Montana comes mostly from those 90's Robert Redford movies, however judging from that, that's definitely no state for a Maiden concert. :D

However, I keep wondering why no Delaware, New Hampshire and Vermont? I never though these were somehow "middle of nowhere" or whatever...

15. Mosh

Mosh The years just pass like trains Staff Member

They're not, but it's easy to travel to Boston or New York from those states, so there's no need to visit all of them.

16. bearfan

bearfan Ancient Mariner

I was a bit surprised they skipped Texas at all this tour ... on ME they did Dallas, Houston, San Antonio the first leg and then Austin the 3rd leg. TFF they did the Houston, San Antonio, Dallas run as well. Pretty sure San Antonio will be swapped for Austin in the future as there is a nice new venue in Austin (which is only a 40 minute drive tops from San Antonio anyway)

But, given how few US shows they did this tour, a lot of big places would be bound to be missed

.. and you guys missed the best one .. Scream for me Bismark!

17. Forostar

Check the opening post for all countries Maiden has visited, plus dates (from 1st time visit)!

@Niall Kielt it took Maiden fourteen years (1990!) to play in Northern Ireland.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2016
  18. Niall Kielt

Niall Kielt Pulled Her At The Bottle Top

I know! Not many bands came this way in the 80s so Im told. Im glad I was too young to know what I was missing! We also had a gap between '95 and 2011 though they played Dublin a couple of times in between

19. Forostar

Damn, Ireland as well indeed (I overlooked it and thought they would have been earlier than 1990)!

20. Niall Kielt

Niall Kielt Pulled Her At The Bottle Top

I know, it seems crazy given the proximity between mainland UK and Ireland. One can only assume they were afraid of the bombs an shit!

Seems even more crazy how long then took to get round to some South American countries, given the special relationship they seem to have there now, like 2008 before they hit Columbia!