1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

'invasion'

Discussion in 'Iron Maiden' started by Anonymous, Jul 7, 2004.

1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Here, you can read other visitors' comments on 'Invasion' as well as post your own. Any contribution to the commentary will be much appreciated, may it be cultural references relevant to the song (links to related websites, interpretations that may have been overlooked in the Commentary, and the like) or personal essays related to the topic of the song. Just be aware that messages that are either off-topic or too wacky may be deleted.

2. Uwe

Uwe Trooper

'invasion'

A fairly average song, but one of the first dealing with historical events. Musically it's pretty straightforward, the lenghty guitar solos are cool, but otherwise there's not too much to it I think.

3. Maidenfreak

Maidenfreak Ancient Mariner

'invasion'

I think that song would have done good as an instrumental. Paul is a bit in a rush at points. Anyway, the chorus is not as weird as the one from Invaders! [!--emo&;)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/wink.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'wink.gif\' /][!--endemo--]
    a good b-side, 3,5 stars

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

'invasion'

One of the best ones on this album. I love the lyrics and the drive, as well as the superb changes of rhythm.

5. Lovro

Lovro Invader

This song is quite good (the soundhouse tapes version), but the one released on the Women in Uniform is, in my opinion, awful; too fast, sounds like it`s speeded up.

Soundhouse Tapes: 3.12 minutes
    Women in Uniform: 2.38 minutes  :blink:

6. dteddie

dteddie Prowler

That's what Clive gave to Maiden songs: energy, speed, passion ... If you listen the 1979 Music Machine bootleg with Doug Sampson you can check it with songs like Wrathchild.

7. Sth2112

Sth2112 Nomad

Not a big fan of this song, glad it wasn't on the album. Clive does a brillant job thought

5/10

8. Diesel 11

Diesel 11 Come to the Sabbath

It's an okay song, but terribly dated, and Di'Anno's just not up to scratch. I do, however, love the drums. Still only a 5/10 though.