1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Infinite Dreams

Discussion in 'Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son' started by Anonymous, Apr 11, 2004.

?

How good is Infinite Dreams on a scale of 1-10?

1. 10

65.9%
  2. 9

25.0%
  3. 8

2.3%
  4. 7

4.5%
  5. 6

2.3%
  6. 5

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. 4

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. 3

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. 2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 1

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. matic22

matic22 H is shorter for God.

One of top 10 songs.
    Masterpiece.

10/10

2. SirRobbins

SirRobbins Ancient Mariner

of all the tracks Steve has done, this one has the most impressive build up of them all. The song continually gets stronger and reaches it's high when Bruce sings "in Heaven or in Hell" complemented by an incredibly rhythmistic (yes, I made this word up) riff that leads to a scream as if Bruce awakened from a bad dream... the song closes brilliantly too. Lyrically, I think it's one of the greatest songs, period. It's my number 3 song of all the Maiden songs for me... Amazing. 10 out of 10

so pissed they replaced it with ATSS on Maiden England in 2012.... :mad:

3. It always bothers me that I don't know the real reason Maiden rarely plays these kind of songs, Like Infinite Dreams, Loneliness, Stranger In a strange land, De Ja Vu, the Prophecy... ALEXANDER... etc egc. Theres got to be a solid answer out there somewhere, im pretty sure Harris knows how amazing thilese songs are and how many people would like always to hear them live... Can anyone answer on this?

4. Diesel 11

Diesel 11 Come to the Sabbath

There's got to be just more to it than this... :innocent:

I know Alexander I believe hasn't been played because the put the solo through a bunch of things to get it to sound like it does, and thus it's too hard to play live. Something like that.

5. soundwave

soundwave Educated Fool

I think Maiden has become such a good business that Rod/Steve see no benefit to messing with the live set formula. Hate to have it boil down to that, but that's probably part if it.

6. SirRobbins

SirRobbins Ancient Mariner

the band appear to play songs that are energy induced and get the crowd pumped... Many songs they don't play are absent of those in spite of the fact that they are brilliant (more brilliant) than the songs they choose. I'm still saddened they rehearsed Infinite Dreams and then did ATSS instead and sighted the gun violence going around as the reason they chose the song. I think most of SIT didn't work well live for whatever reason and they have neglected it since... I know Steve has sworn it's the best thing they've ever done and has it next to POM as his favorite album.... there are interviews on youtube that support that comment... Rod hates CSIT live and may have a big influence on the decision of the set list if I may be suspicious